I've been MIA, and I feel bad about it, since I haven't been writing in my personal "real" journal lately either. As per all my journal entries, I will begin with my usual excuse of being SO BUSY LATELY!! But, really--I am! For the past week the clean laundry has been building into such a disturbingly large pile in my bedroom that Henry could get lost in it one of these nights (like the night when Everett was about that age, he scooted off the bed into a mountain of laundry, and stayed asleep--but I thought he had been kidnapped, and searched the house frantically for him at like two in the morning!! haha). Other evidences of my busy-ness: piles of un-filed paperwork being moved from place to place, over and over again...and building bigger and bigger...ANYHOW, you get the picture. I'm neglecting my organizational and general household management duties, for what? WELL, for one, Henry was really sick for the end of Sept. through October, and into November. That kept me REALLY busy...and very exhausted. I was getting basically no sleep for like six weeks. Also in October I turned thirty. Which mostly kept me mentally busy, pondering all the things I should do with my life now that I"m so...old. In the spirit of staying especially busy, during October I learned multiple new songs and performed two different weekends at a talent competition. In which, I didn't win...didn't even make the top five. That kept me emotionally busy wondering why people don't appreciate opera...and darn good opera at that, sung by a surprisingly attractive thirty-year-old. There was a really awesome pogo-stick jumping guy, though. I'll give them that.
Let's see...what else...I've been in a preschool coop with a couple other moms. Everett loves it and has made new friends. I am teaching this week--we rotate turns teaching. I'm not an awesome teacher, and quite honestly I don't really love wrangling 4 four-year-olds for 2 1/2 hours or so, but I'm doing it for Everett! It's not too bad...and I've come up with some sweet ideas to do with the kids, if I do say so myself. Tomorrow we are going to be doing experiments with ice, and our craft is writing with invisible ink. Yeah, I guess I am awesome. haha
In other news, Aaron and I celebrated our 8 year anniversary this past October 8th. We did our usual anniversary date--we went out to eat! But afterwards, we hit the new Casino...wooooweee. We were feelin' fancy. Just kidding! Actually we walked around and stared at everyone and were like, "wow, we are so much smarter than all these people throwing their money away!!" It was pretty strange watching them all. Then we ditched that joint and hit up Dairy Queen for some blizzards. That was our anniversary date! One of these anniversaries we'll go away for the weekend, or plan something more unique...but, hey--we are simple folk. We are satisfied with simple dates :).
The other huge thing this past month was that I got to go to two Romney/Ryan rallies--one of them the NIGHT before the election. They were so awesome!! It was really a crazy adventure fighting all the crowds of people, but it was worth it! Unfortunately, the next night was a totally big bummer because Romney lost. I seriously cried! I had put so much emotional energy into it...but I'm still going strong. Obama is still the president, which means we have alot of work to do to spread the truth about all the horrible stuff going on. My general area of helping is by reposting things on facebook. I don't have time to do much of anything, but I can spread the truth online. And that's what i"m trying to do BIG TIME, at the risk of being blocked by many of my "friends." I just don't care! It's more important to be informed, and help inform others, than to be shallow and ignore what's happening in our nation all the time. I'm keepin' it real, people. lol
WELL, that's a quick update. I"m sure I've missed a ton of precious memories and special, note-worthy moments worth sharing. But, I"m getting tired and my brain is feeling mushy. SO, until next time...adieu.
2 comments:
Keeping a journal like this will be so important years down the road!! Otherwise everything just melts together in your life!!!
How is Henry doing now? & What was wrong with him?
Post a Comment