Thursday, August 16, 2012

Farmers Bounty :)

We went to the farmer's market downtown columbus today, and the boys were so happy to each get their own little paper bag of apples.  That's all we ate for lunch--Apples. That's all they wanted! Then we went to COSI, where they were having a farmers day, with all these huge combines and tractors, booths about farming, etc.  The boys loved it!  I had some interesting conversations with the farmers who were there about food quality/safety and pesticides.  The boys hated that. (Moooooom, let's GO!) haha.  Hey, I was trying to get some first-hand info.  After playing around at COSI, we were officially starving by three-o-clock.  We left to go get something to eat, and because I have a load of coupons in my car we never use, we got Henry a free slider from White Castle (reminded me why we have never eaten there--soggy nasty bun, loaded with nasty onions and a pickle,  with a tiny crumbly meat patty...yuck!  But Henry chowed it down).  As for the rest of us, I had Arby's coupons which made it possible for me to get a Marketfresh sandwich, and the boys curly fries and 6 chicken tenders and drinks for about $9.00.  Not bad, but definitely reminded me why I never eat at Arby's--who wants to pay almost $5.50 for a single sandwich?  I think the last time I ate one of those was after Aaron and I got married, on our way to the reception, we were starving and got those.  Almost 8 years...it was time to eat another one. haha...  I'm such a cheapskate.  I hate paying full price even for fast food.  Coupons are my friend...when I remember to use them...
SO, this is an interesting post about my day....
And after that we went home, Henry was asleep in the car so I sat on the front porch while he slept and the boys played with the neighbor kids in the front yard.  I caught up on an episode of Psych, my latest show obsession, and by then Aaron came home.  He took the boys to play baseball for a bit, I went to run some errands with Henry, we came home and budgeted while the boys watched a movie.  I finished some chores, and we got the kids to bed...and now you all are pretty much up to speed with where I'm at now.  Yeah, that's actually a pretty typical day for us.  Just in case you were wondering...and now I'll scroll through facebook for awhile before I hit the sack.  And maybe RIGHT before I fall asleep I will fret about politics or something I have absolutely no control over like kids choking on pretzels...or think about a craft I need to do...those are the things I think about as I'm dozing off...  So...I think this goes into the "for posterity's sake" category of posts. hahah

No comments: