Monday, July 23, 2012

Grandparents

I got back from a quick jaunt over to the P-hill area tonight.  This is the third time in about a week because my dad is sick, and I went to see him twice in the hospital, and then today we went because my grandparents were down from Michigan.  My grandpa had never met Henry, so I had to go and introduce the two of them!!  I really wanted a good picture of them together, but I forgot my camera.  My mom snapped a picture toward the end of the evening, maybe it will be good.  I love pictures of grandparents and babies, especially GREAT-grandparents and babies!  Not everyone gets to really know their great-grandparents, and I was blessed to grow up knowing some of my great-grandparents and they were amazing people!  I hope my boys have many more visits with their great-grandparents...I guess I've just been thinking about it alot lately because Aaron's grandma from Washington died last week.  And we only got to introduce her to Oliver when we went out there, and Ollie was only Henry's age now, like 16 months.  It just made me sad to think that we weren't able to get all of us back out there again to let the boys meet her.  She was a pretty great lady, from what I could tell.  I think it's important to be connected and really know your grandparents...I'm glad I was able to make it over there tonight, to spend time with them.  It was a bit of an effort, but worth it to keep the love flowing through the generations. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It meant alot for you to pack up all three boys.. to visit their greatgrandpa abd greatgrandma!!

Anonymous said...

I meant :And:

Amy Jane said...

I love to read your blog Steph! You are a beautiful writer!