My mood is decidedly...scattered. I've been in official squirrel mode for a few days now, and my house is starting to show it. The problem is I'm overflowing with good intentions. Aaron always says I do things like a squirrel, I'll rush about doing a little bit here, and a little bit there...leaving remnants behind...never really finishing. I was squirrel-painting a bookshelf yesterday, but then between tending the children, helping to plan the ward Christmas party/Relief Society party (we're not even sure what it is yet!) for almost three hours, going to Walmart with all three children (a task I wouldn't wish upon my worst enemy), and trying to keep the normal house stuff going...the bookshelf didn't get finished. And now the cold weather is here, and so I'll be putting off painting that for awhile, unless I do it in the house (which I think I will). Other things I've been working on or thinking about like a little squirrel:
1. Making an adorably crafty Mommy-organizational binder--ironic, huh?
2. Get my Christmas cards finished and printed off before the 12th cuz that's when my coupon expires for free prints. And that's the top dollar I"m willing to pay for my cards--FREE!
3. Catch up on an insurmountable pile of laundry...that will never end.
4. I want to steam clean my carpets and our dining room chairs...I've wanted to do that since mother's day, when Aaron got me a steam cleaner. It is put together and currently ready and waiting in the dining room.
5. I want to learn a new song, and perform it in a spectacular manner at either church or another Christmas related event. I haven't started on this yet, either....but the wheels are turning in my brain about it.
6. Finish Christmas shopping early, so I can think of other things to do around Christmas...like make cute crafts with the kids, or give the neighbors cookies. I always want to do that every year, but I'm always so busy!
7. Continue to reign in the overwhelming pile of papers on our kitchen counter. What do I do with all these papers? THAT's why I need an organizational binder. Ha!
8.Finish the bookshelf, I really want that done...and organized with books and cute baskets and other trinkets.
9. Print off pictures of the kids and send to distant relatives...I keep meaning to do this.
10.Print off ONE picture of Henry and get it framed and hanging on my wall. He's seven months old, and not a picture of him on a single wall. POOR Henry! I want to see pictures of him EVERYWHERE! Love that snuggle-bunny! Mommy's got issues.
11. Find a cheap place to send the boys to Karate.
12. Keep up with my goals of exercising at the Y.
13. Alter/repair numerous articles of clothing so I have some new things to wear.
14. Decide whether I really want a crockpot or not. And weigh the merits of having the expensive digital one, or the older dial one.
15. Update Blog with adorable pics of our family...and tell all about the past five months or so...
I could go on...but you get the picture. It's actually sort of therapeutic to see it in a list like that. Makes my brain feel better. Ahhhhhhhh...Sigh of relief. Maybe the wheels can stop turning for awhile and I will just try to focus a bit more on one thing at a time. I'm a wild woman...a tired wild woman. Maybe I have ADD...and it's only coming out now as a mother. Or maybe all mothers develop focusing problems because at any given moment they are required to divide their attention between five different activities at the same time. For example: cooking dinner, talking to my mom on the phone, writing down a recipe, protecting Henry from Everett hitting him with a toy, and telling Oliver how to spell a word...all at the same time. It makes your brain get a little...sketchy. Aaron wonders why I have trouble focusing and listening to him, and I think it's because all day long I'm in the "zone" of basically constantly scanning my surroundings for potential things I need to be doing. It's difficult to turn that off. Hmmm...I'm kinda tired now, and I should go brush my teeth before Henry wakes up again! I hate when I have to nurse him back to sleep and then I fall asleep too, before I've washed my face or brushed my teeth and then I wake up at like two in the morning and feel gross, so I go do it, but then I'm wide awake again. TMI? haha
Shoot. There's Henry. BYE.
4 comments:
Yeah!! I just happened to randomly check your blog.. and surprise!! I hope you printed this list! It really helps to put it out somewhere you can see it..and then scratch off things.. or remind yourself of things as the day progresses! Otherwise your brain will keep going over it. like WHAT was it I wanted to do again? haha! It lets your brain rest..and you can just check your list occassionally... love, mom
LOL, Poor Stephanie!!!
I will forever think of you as a squirrel now LOL.
I can relate to so much of what you've wrote. I spent the whole day yesterday with one task in mind...laundry. While I was busy doing that and putting it all away the kids were busy making big messes in the living room which I will have to clean later. Oh well, the point is, we live, we laugh, we love...we need more of that stuff....and what ARE we planning for the Christmas activity LOL???
Sounds like my list...and my ADD...if us moms could call it that. =) haha. Sounds like you're doing fantastic though! miss you!
I for one LOVE the crockpot. I don't have the expensive one either. It is THE BEST. :)
Post a Comment