Sunday, August 21, 2011

Points of Interest...

Summer deserves its own post with tons of pics--so I will save my nostalgia for that... Here are just a few thoughts for my memory's sake.

*Henry is turning five months old tomorrow!  Where has the time gone?   Oh my he is getting so big!! In fact, I should devote an entire post just to Henry's first summer...too much cuteness to pack in with everything else!  He is rolling and pushing himself up while he's on his belly.  I think he may be teething because he has been so fussy lately and drooling like crazy and sucking on his hands or anything he can get his mouth on.  Poor baby!

*Oliver's first day of school is this Thursday.  I'm a ball of motherly mixed-emotions.  All mommies out there can imagine how I'm feeling right now...I'm feeling hopeful that he will like school, but I'm nervous about a million things from how long the school day is to whether the other kids will be nice and normal...etc. etc.  I've even thought about what if he gets hungry during the day...he is so used to just eating whenever he needs to at home...sigh, I have anxiety about him being unhappy or sad at school!  I just want to go with him.  How I love my Ollie-bear...

*Everett is a true middle child right now. He wants to play with Oliver and all the older cousins, but he's reverted in some ways since Henry's taken so much of my time and snuggles...For example, he used to sleep in his bed like a champ, but now he wants to climb into bed with me almost every night. And he's always wanting me to pick him up or hold him on my lap.  In these regards it might be good to have some time with Oliver off to school.  I'll be able to focus on Everett more exclusively for a few days a week.  He's also acting out a bit toward Henry, by being too wild with him...I really need to balance my time and attention towards that little Everett.  He needs more one-on-one time with me, reading books, coloring, doing puzzles, playing...all the things he's interested in doing.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember going through alot of the same feelings you are now having when you were a baby!! It is hard to balance everyones needs at different ages!! But you are doing a wonderful job!! LOVE YOU. mom

The Kammeyers said...

5 months old?! Are you serious? I swear you just gave birth to him. :) Well, I hope the rest of the summer is treating you well! Looking forward to seeing some more pics when you get the chance. :)