Henry is 11 1/2 weeks old...we have weathered multiple sicknesses among our family these past few weeks, and Henry is currently fighting an ear infection with his first dose of antibiotics (and he really REALLY doesn't like it!!! They need to invent medicine that tastes like breast milk!!)
Henry was blessed last Sunday, and we had our family over for dinner at our house. It was quite the crowd! I am intrinsically aware of how much I would love a bigger house after that experience...and I really would love a more open floor plan...with bigger rooms...someday...OH, and a laundry room on the same level as our bedrooms...and more closet space, and a pantry...OH DON'T get me STARTED!!! I have a serious list of what we need for our next house...but that's another post for another day :). Although we were a bit tight, I think everyone had a nice time. I used a crock-pot for the first time, and it was a raving success. I made shredded chicken tacos with a magical sauce (courtesy of the Bassett's--THANK YOU.) Just do equal parts salsa to brown sugar until you have enough sauce for your taste...and you will be lovin' life. Then top with such toppings as cilantro, sour cream, black beans, cheese, lettuce, etc. You really can't go wrong. I wish I had one right now, in fact. Henry's blessing was short, sweet and right to the point. I was mainly grateful that I could hear it this time, since I couldn't hear Everett's blessing (the microphone wasn't working!!! Mommies missing their own baby's blessing is just wrong. I cried alot that day.). Also, I got to bear my testimony in front of my Grandma, who is a nonmember...I don't know how she took it. But, I didn't know if I'd ever have such a good opportunity like that again...so I went for it. I don't even know if it made any sense to her...or to anyone else. I'm not sure if my testimony comes out as eloquently as I think it sounds in my mind...ya know? But I tried...

2 comments:
I must have been inspired to check the blogs out tonight!! Both you and Amelia wrote awesome blogs!!! Hope Henry is feeling much better!! Love, mom
That's a very cute baby! I'm going to have to try those taco's, they sound so yummy!! And I hope you're all feeling better soon!
Post a Comment