Friday, April 22, 2011

Moments in Motherhood


The last time I posted, I had no idea how my life was about to change.  Well, I had an idea.  But, somehow every time I have a new little baby, it's like the first time.  I forget how tiny they are (even at over 8 pounds!), I forget how to change their diaper without getting sprayed, I forget how delicately I need to support their heads, I forget how much they have to nurse...etc.!  It is all so new all over again.

March flew by. We celebrated Oliver and Everett's birthdays in a big combined bowling party, at our local fabulous bowling establishment (hehe). It was a party to remember--the boys, and their cousins and friends, had a great time!  I was so glad we celebrated their birthdays together...because I literally was soooo pregnant, I couldn't have waited till the end of the month to celebrate Everett's birthday separately.  And our little baby couldn't wait, either...he arrived fashionably early on March 22.  Four days before Everett turned 3--what better birthday present could Everett get?  He was so excited for his brother!  I absolutely LOVED their excitement as it got closer and closer to the due date.  It was so sweet to see them talk to my belly and hug my belly and just be so cute talking about all things related to the baby.

So our baby boy arrived, in a dramatic all-nighter fiasco, unlike any other labor and delivery than I had experienced before.  It's sort of a long story, but basically:  I was stuck in triage for like 4 hours, while I was stuck at a 5 and like 80 % effaced...they made me walk, bounce on the ball, just lie there...it was torturous, because my contractions were REALLY close and horribly hard, but I wouldn't progress!  Finally after all that time, they decided to send me home!  I was soooo upset, but yet they told me to just take an ambien and try to relax at home for awhile...I had no idea what else I could do, so we did what they told us.  Aaron was beside himself with stress!  By the time we got home, my contractions had become so hard I couldn't breathe or walk or think straight!  Aaron was just like, "THIS IS INSANE!!!" So he just turned right around and drove me back to the hospital.  He wheeled me straight back up to labor and delivery (NO more triage for me!!!), and they immediately had a room ready for me (THANKFULLY!).  Once I got my epidural, I was finally able to relax and sleep a little. In a few hours I progressed perfectly, but the last hour his heart rate kept dropping, and I had to be on oxygen till it was time to push.  That worried me, but around 6 am it was time for our little Henry to be born.  Even that was pretty dramatic because they realized he was posterior, and they tried to turn him, but he turned back around when I had a contraction.  He was in trouble, and they basically said, "we have to get him out now!" And I pushed him out so fast, it was crazy, but a miracle!  He had the umbilical cord wrapped around his neck twice, and he was so purple! Also, he was quiet, and I was worried that he wasn't really crying alot, like our other boys did.  I was so scared, but they took care of him and in a few minutes he was okay.  I felt so incredibly happy and grateful that I had such wonderful nurses and doctor.  He was so cute, and he nursed right away like a champ.  This was the first time I had a baby where it was just Aaron and I there, but it was nice in a way because everything was just so quiet and peaceful afterwards.

So, that's our baby story.  Now another month has flown by.  The boys have not lost their enthusiasm for Henry, yet.  All day long I hear, "can I see the baby's eyes?"  "Can I hold him?"  "Look at Henry!!!"  "Ohhhh, he's soooo cute!!!" (Sigh...how can I blame them, he is so lovable!)


And so, I'd like to officially announce the birth of our third son:  
Henry Ivan Chapman
8 lbs., 2 oz.
21 1/2 inches long
March 22, 2011
Sunday, one day until delivery!  This was right before I went to help at  our friend, Michael Paul's baptism!

They just came in and told me it was time to push!  I was like, "Hurry, can you take a  picture of us?"
We were sooo tired!!

He's Here!!!

Sweet baby cries! Music to my ears!
All cleaned up, and ready to snuggle...

I was in heaven...


Cuteness.





Grandparents visiting...

Brothers!

This is what happiness looks like :)


Pure love.
My brother was so sweet to watch the boys while we were at the hospital!
He left for his mission  the next week.
We miss you Nate! 

Sweet family visitors...

7 comments:

The Oliveros Family said...

Your little boys are so cute! Congratulations! I love their names too!

The Letteer Family said...

Congratulations!!!! I'm very glad that he is okay!!!!

Tyler and Sunni said...

Congratulations! He is beautiful. I am serious about letting me watch your boys so you can get some much needed rest. Hmmm, that does sound nice. Will we ever again be able to sleep through the night???
Congrats!

Air Force Wife said...

Congratulations Stephanie! Henry is adorable!

Camille said...

I LOVE IT! Thanks for sharing and aren't three kiddos...well, uh...FUN?! Ha! I didn't feel the full affects of it until here in VA. Far, far away from my mommy! :) What a beautiful baby and happy Happy HAPPY!

The Kammeyers said...

I'm so happy for you and your adorable boys! Honestly, Stephanie, I'm pretty sure my Aaron would be just fine if we had only boys. He's completely smitten with having a son. (Then again, I'm sure he'd be great with a daughter... But you know what I mean?) :) Anyway, I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

HeidiPie said...

Hmm..I must have read this before and not commented. Anyways. Still loved reading your entry again and I also love your new font and background. =) Where did you get the background and what is that cute font?? =)