Sunday, March 6, 2011

Four No More...

How can a pregnant, sick-with-a-cold, emotionally raw, woman handle having her baby turn FIVE?  I am not sure!   Life with Oliver has been a non-stop flurry of activity since he was born, and I love him more than I can say!  At dinner we told him stories about when he was a baby.  I interviewed him on the camera for like 20 minutes until we couldn't think of anything else to talk about.  And as he was going to bed, he was more excited to be five than I can describe--he is just thrilled.  So tonight is my last night with him being four...and I can't help but wish I could just keep him four a bit longer!  I told him to "Please, just stop growing!"  And he says, "I can't wait to be 16!"  Nooooo!  As if five isn't hard enough for me to deal with...sixteen?  REALLY?  My motherly emotions can't think about him being that old or I'll just cry myself to sleep!  Please, Ollie-bear--slow down, and enjoy being five...because I'm missing you at four already.




3 comments:

Randomlicious Memoirs said...

awww, I know I will be the same way when Carson turns 5....I hope it goes by slow!

Katie Stratton said...

oh how i admire you! happy birthday to your sweet boy!
<3

Katrina said...

Aww! I love that boy! Lilia told me today- "Mom, why doesn't Oliver ever come over to play with me?" And I was like, well, he can, we just have to invite him! She is always talking about that little man- your boys are two lovable sweeties!!