Saturday, December 4, 2010

Christmas Chronicles

So, I started my Christmas shopping yesterday with a token trip to Old Navy. While most of the living world is finishing up, I am starting. It isn't that I didn't think about it, I've been thinking about Christmas shopping for a few months now. I just never get the shopping itch until it feels like Christmas is HERE. And now, with our light powdering of snow and all our Christmas decorations up--I am ready to commence my shopping! I am a strange shopper because I usually go out with absolutely NO idea what I'm looking for, then I go to a store and wander around till I find something for a super good deal, then I think, "Who would like this?" And then some lucky person becomes the recipient of that item. I usually have a running list in my head of generally what people might like, for example: "Everett asked Santa for a puppy...Oliver wants an airplane...etc." This way I can keep my eyes out for some certain things--but mostly, I get ideas once I'm actually at a store. Aaron is going to be easy to shop for this year, because he already bought himself pretty much every major item he's been thinking about for the past year. That's the difference between him and I. If I want something, and it's more than say, ten dollars...I am seriously pondering and doubting if I really need to make that purchase. Like the other day I almost talked myself out of buying two new bras, when in fact my bras at home are so ragged I'm embarrassed to admit that I was still wearing them! haha...I really felt guilty about spending money on myself. But, I'm getting better--like today I went to the Goodwill and bought myself two maternity skirts, some sweaters, and a dress--mostly all from the brand new Target section for like 4 and 5 dollars a piece! I needed clothes. I tried on like a hundred things, and I was proud to finally make some solid decisions in that area...and not leave the store without anything, then complain at home that I have nothing to wear. Thank goodness for the Target section at Goodwill! :) And while I was there, I found some toys for the boys that I really think they will like. I have no qualms about giving my boys things from Goodwill for Christmas. I like to have some new things for them, too--but sometimes (like today) I find things that look new, but are WAY cheaper! There is certainly a thrill that comes from knowing you got seriously the best deal on something you really like. I guess that's the fun of the search for me--but, I can't search too long because I want to have some presents wrapped under the tree before Christmas Eve. I hate spending the whole night before Christmas wrapping, only to have them torn open five hours (or less) later. I like to see some pretty presents under the tree for awhile--build up the anticipation a bit. Well, that is where I'm at with the Christmas Shopping--hope your Christmas shopping is going well, and if you are already done--then woop-dee-doo, good for you :) hehe

No comments: