BOYS. Little boys, little boys, everywhere I look there's little boyyyyyysss.....hehe
I always think of that song from Annie about "little girls"--but with little boys now! Especially since the doctor is quite sure that this little wiggler inside me is yet ANOTHER boy. I think I was in shock--I didn't even react. I just stared at him on the ultrasound screen and shook my head in amazement. How can this be my life? Was I really supposed to be the mother of all these boys? Is this RIGHT? Somewhere in the Eternities I signed up for this...and I'm sure it was the right decision, but it just keeps catching me by surprise! Am I really supposed to be a one-woman show at our house? I reason it by looking at my own family--I mean, my mom had FIVE girls before she had my brother. This is like the same, only with boys...and besides, I was the THIRD girl, and that worked out pretty well for me, so this third little baby boy should be pretty glad with his lot in life, too, right? Boys definitely need brothers, and my boys are going to have a BLAST growing up together--I just know it. I'm just a little scared if I have like a whole troop of boys, and then finally some poor girl gets thrown into this masculine mix with me! I guess she'll have alot of bodyguards to watch out for her :). And even if I don't ever have a girl...I guess I'll have daughter-in-laws...and hopefully they like me. Being the moth
er-in-law just ISN"T the same though. I just keep thinking about how this little generation of boys that I"m raising are probably some pretty special spirits...and they have probably some really cool, important, manly things to do in this life. Not that girls at this time aren't important too, but maybe having a bunch of boys together will help them in the long run, be better brothers and missionaries and men in general. A mother can hope, right? At least at this point, having alot of boys will help me focus on my boy's unique problems and characters, and I don't have to figure out girls AND boys at the same time.
In the mean time, until this little buddy is born I have some things to do: Choose a name for him. Make some seriously adorable, but manly (haha) tie onesies and bibs. Figure out how to boy-proof my carpet and furniture. Just because I have boys, doesn't mean my house has to look like it!!! :)
4 comments:
Well, having boys is sure a good excuse to have your house look like a pig-sty every now and then! :) I am so happy for you and your little boys, little boyzzzzzzzzzzz. Hope you are feeling good. :)
Congrats! Isn't it amazing to think of living in a home with 4 boys! I love all your thoughts, and I think you're right on. You are an amazing mother and those boys will certainly have a blast growing up together. I only have one sister, so I think all these together sounds amazingly fun. Being pregnant is hard, hang in there! PS you look gorgeous!
I'm terrified I will have all girls. That scares me more than anything. I love the idea of having a housefull of little boys. They're so funny!
My mom grew up as the only girl in her house. Four brothers, and she was the fourth out of five total.
I always, always wished I had had older brothers.
I wish I could trade places with you. I will give you my girls if I can have your boys! I can't believe I signed up for daughters!!!!!
Post a Comment