Monday, August 23, 2010

I'll feel normal again...right?

After Everett was about a year (or it could have been sooner), I got a real burst of energy--I felt pretty normal. I"d wake up and not feel like death warmed over...and actually feel like making breakfast, or working out, or showering. Then I started crafting/sewing like a mad-woman. And I was pretty much keeping up with chores, whilst also doing entertaining things with the boys, like taking impromptu trips to COSI, or the pool. Then when Everett turned two I got the crazy idea that I wanted another baby. I truly believe that Heavenly Father gives me amnesia so that I will continue having my family. Because if I knew (or remembered) how hard it would be to be pregnant again...I may not have been so anxious. That may not sound like the "mother of the year" that I know I am :). But gosh darn it, I don't remember feeling this sick before! Am I crazy? Was I this sick and I just forgot? Or could it be possible that what they say is true, "Every pregnancy is different???" (imagine that.) Oliver and Everett were pretty much the same in my mind...so I am truly surprised that I haven't been breezing through this first trimester with just a mild touch of morning sickness. This is more like all day sickness...and bloatedness...and exaustion...and feeling like I'll never be normal again. You know those "I didn't know I was pregnant" shows? I wish I was like that--going on as normal, no clue that I'm growing a twelve pound pair of twins inside me (haha--I'm not announcing--I'm just speculating.) Those women either ALWAYS feel like they are on a rocking ship about to be seasick, thus they didn't notice any difference...OR they are crazy. I guess either way would merit them not recognizing the agonizing signs of pregnancy.
I'm not trying to complain. In alot of ways I feel special being pregnant--like I have a secret that I want to tell everyone. And it feels like Christmas--I can't wait for my present :). But, it is a loooooong wait and I just have to keep telling myself that someday I will not only have an adorable little addition to our family...but I will recover, and feel better again. It is worth it, I know it mentally. I just wish I could get off this dang rocking ship--cuz ginger ale just ain't cuttin' it.

3 comments:

The Letteer Family said...

You poor girl!!! Now you've got me scared thinking about when we're ready to try. :) I felt fairly good the first two pregnancies, what's the next one gonna be like??? Hopefully it won't last too much longer for you!! (fingers crossed!!!)

acutely cherished said...

Aw! I'm so sorry, as I am writing this one handed Im holding the reward at the end of the crazy sick uncomfortable road called pregnancy... hang in there! Let me know if I can do anything for ya!!

HeidiPie said...

I think I conveniently "forgot" too. I completely remember now how tired I was that first trimester and not really puking, but feeling nauseous, especially in the mornings and totally not feeling up to doing much of anything until after lunch. Now, week 24 I am feeling better and have a little bit more energy till around 2. But really, you are making a BABY, that is hard work sister!! That's why the energy is so low. Take it slow and easy and hopefully your energy comes back soon! And the bloated thing...totally felt like that too. Oh-fun stuff.