Sunday, June 27, 2010

Just because it's JUUUUUNNNNEEE!

June is bustin' out all overrrr! And that, my dear readers, is a line from one of those musicals we all know and love, Carousel. (Actually, not one of my fave's--but some good songs) My life is a running musical. Give me a word, a feeling, a season--and I'll give you a song to go along with it. It's probably pretty annoying to my boys, but ya know what? I am a one-woman show around here, and that means I"m the star--no audition required! My dream job, really! No other divas to try to show me up...just me, and my captive audience of boys. Can you think of any situation that is NOT made better by randomly breaking into song? I can't name one.
And so, June is speeding by (June, June, Juuuuuuuuuuunnnneee!...sorry, couldn't help myself). And we have been busy busy...and HOT! We have two dehumidifiers running--and if we weren't I am thoroughly convinced we'd have a pool in our basement. It is that humid. (That could have it's perks, if it wasn't for my death-fear of black mold overtaking our whole house, and us having to burn it down with everything we own in it.) Aaron has been miserable. He is practically the hottest man I have ever met--I mean that in every way you can take it. hehe--but in this case, it is getting to be a problem because he wants to keep our house as cool as he needs it to be comfortable, which is probably rivaling the temperature in a refrigerator. Our bills are reflecting such a dramatic temperature difference, and I seriously should take donations just to offset the cost of keeping our marriage together by me not complaining about being cold. I just bundle up into my winter bathrobe every night, AND socks, and the covers...did I mention it's JUNE? Yeah, but it's the price I'll pay for Aaron to not go completely crazy from heat-exhaustion and ditch us all and move to Alaska, which is probably always an option in his mind if it gets too bad around here (and by bad, I mean hot.) We always have the discussion though, that when I'm cold I can always layer more clothes on--but when he's hot, he can only take so much off...and he really doesn't want to be the creepy dad who doesn't wear clothes around the house, eating Popsicles to stay cool. That could traumatize our kids. So, June has its challenges.

On another note, there never seems to be a free moment lately because seriously I've been rather occupied in the bathroom. And not for the reasons you are thinking...(I don't even really know what I mean by that)...but actually because we have officially been potty-training Everett for the past week and a half. He's had a few accidents, usually when Dora the Explorer is on because he is in a trance ("SAY BACKPACK! SAY IT LOUDER!!!!") I mean, really, who can think about going to the bathroom when THAT is on? But, he's such a champ--he has just taken off with this whole potty thing. He tells me when he has to go, and he always says afterwards that he is listening to his "bobby" (translation: "body") as he is pointing quite expressively to his tummy. I think I'm the only person in the world, besides maybe Oliver, that really understands what Everett is saying. haha--sorry Aaron, not even you get him as well as we do :). So, no more diapers for Everett!
But it makes me want another baby. For so long I've been treating Everett like a baby--but he is DEFINITELY not a baby anymore. I have realized that BIG TIME these past couple weeks. He is SO not a baby, and I want one! And it totally stinks to be in a ward with like a million other young couples who are all having babies like crazy. Seriously every week that we go to church I find out about another person who either has HAD a baby, or just found out they are pregnant. I kinda wish I was in a ward where when I do get pregnant, it will seem special and people will get excited about it because I'm the only person young enough to still have babies...sort of like my sister's ward. When she had her baby, she was given enough food to feed them for a month. And then she mentioned to a sister in her ward that she was going to use cloth diapers, and then she was given like a ton of diapers! I'm telling you, being the only one with a baby has perks. haha
Not to change the subject, but I just realized that I have much more to summarize from this month. Let's see...there was father's day. I made Aaron's father's day wish come true: I got him a weed-eater, and a t-shirt with an eagle on it. He absolutely LOVED it. (I'd like to mention how awesome of a dad he is--he pretty much is the coolest dad ever. He definitely is the funnest. And he's like the baby-whisperer with the whole potty-training thing. It was HIS idea to potty train Everett, and I was a total nay-sayer. But, he's like also one of the smartest people alive (well, practically)--so I should never have doubted him. He's a one-man jungle gym, and the boys adore him. End of bragging, for now)
That same weekend was my dad's birthday and my sister's birthday. It was a wild party, which my sister described perfectly in this blog post, that made me laugh. Getting all of us together can be crazy...but it's so worth it!
This past friday/saturday we babysat our neices, Lena and Elsie, and our nephew, Dane. I think we were winning some sort of Aunt and Uncle award because our weekend consisted of getting pizza, going to a festival near our house and letting them play games and go on rides AND ride a pony (serious bonus points), then they got to watch a movie in the TENT which we set up in our sunroom, with their sleeping bags and pillows while filling up on candy, then after they came back into the house because there was too much loud partying going on at a house across from us, I tucked them all lovingly into their sleeping bags (and porta-crib for Elsie) with brushed teeth. And if you're thinking THAT is awesome...the next morning I made them pancakes, then they played all day until it was time to go meet up with their dad at yet ANOTHER festival by their house, where we again had a ton of fun and they got to play in fountains and go on a tractor ride and get tons of free stuff. So...we win the baby-sitting prize this time! Woohoo!

I can tell it's getting late because my memory is getting fuzzy. Sigh, I will have to sign off for tonight. There is a storm coming through right now--it sounds nice and is making me MORE tired, so I guess this is Goodnight, folks! Until we meet again...



5 comments:

Rachel H said...

Stephers!! I cannot thank you guys enough for that awesome weekend you gave them! They will love you forever for that! =) What fun they had and I love this whole post! Aaron really is a one man jungle gym- my kids think all fun time revolves around him when he is around for playing with! And yes your house is really cold! But I guess that's the price you pay for a HOTTT hubby!! lol!! ;)

Lyndzi said...

haha, I'm still smiling. That post just made me so happy. I could hear you saying it all. What a cold yet happy life you are so lucky to have! :)

Amelia said...

good times. Sometimes when I'm around you I start braeking out in show tunes just because you bring the spirit of a rogers and hammerstein musical with you everywhere you go.
love ya

HeidiPie said...

Pretty fun and busy life there lady. =) Josh and I play that same hot/cold game. Literally every year when it starts to get really hot and really cold. Fun times.
That's awesome that Everett is potty training...not that you're spending your days in the bathroom. Someday, I keep telling myself, Luke is going to be more interested, someday right? We've still got a good 6 months before he turns three. I can't believe our kids are getting so old! And yes, you need a new baby!!!

The Kammeyers said...

Hehe. My Aaron likes it ridiculously cool in our house too, so I know where you're coming from. Anyway, I always enjoy your updates. BTW, you've been tagged on my blog, for whenever you have time to respond. :)