Saturday, May 15, 2010

father son campout

There are perks to not having girls yet. One is: the father-son campout. What this means is Aaron and the boys leave for an entire evening, and half of the next day...which means I got to do whatever I wanted for a whole night! Par-Ty Time! First I caught up on cleaning the house because I wanted it to be nice for at least one night of my life...haha. Then my friend Lyndzi came over and we made yummy dinner, then we talked and talked (thank heavens for friends with the gift of gab!)...and then watched some Coco Chanel movie that was okay...grateful for gummies and peanut butter rice krispy treats, cuz that movie was sort of a downer. Then I got to sleep in a completely silent house, spread out across our whole bed, the temperature of the house was exactly what I wanted, and I slept in until ten! Oh sweet sleep. I don't think I've slept like that for years.
The boys came home this afternoon with tales of their adventure...and I was so surprised to hear that Everett slept great in the tent, but Oliver got homesick and was really sad and wanted to come home. Aaron came home with some unknown levels of energy, so he mowed all our yard, went and got the oil changed, deep cleaned the van, vacuumed out his mom's car, and then pruned our bushes...PLUS he took me out on a date to Easton (which is totally not a chore...I think--haha). I love him! He's such a good dad, he tries to do so much around the house, and he surprised me with a date--sigh...
I hope another weekend like this comes along...

5 comments:

Amelia said...

oh I agree! it sounds like a much needed GREAT WEEKEND.

Lyndzi said...

I had SO much fun and yes, the food was delish! I can't believe you slept till 10. I'm glad I went home cause Mac would have most def crashed that party.:) We don't have to wait for the boys to go to have another girls night ya know. That was such a fun little break.

The Kammeyers said...

Wow, sounds like a GREAT weekend, Stephanie! I wish we lived closer so you & I could do Girls Night! :)

Rachel H said...

That sounds soooo fun Steph! What a good Hubs you have =) ....nice to get a little at home escape too!

Kellie said...

sounds like a dream. can i come eat all your yummy treats? i watched that movie too, and was totally sad for coco. um your boys are so cute!!! loved them in those wedding photos, and love, love, love everett wearing your shoes. jansen does that too, i should get a photo. it makes me laugh so hard!!!