On a lighter note...(be warned--potty talk is ahead)...tonight, just as we sat down to eat some dinner outside with Everett and Oliver, and enjoy this beautiful night, Oliver announced that he had to go #2--VERY URGENTLY. This isn't unusual for Ollie...I swear it happens almost any time I decide to sit down and eat. And he always seems to desperately need my help no matter how much I tell him he can do it himself. So today was no different...except it wasn't number 2, more like #3 (you can guess what that is...) and for some reason he wanted me to stand AT the door to the bathroom and wait for him to be done, but I kept telling him that I needed to be with Everett because he was all alone outside...so Oliver started freaking out and in the process of freaking out dropped his brand new, huge squishy frog (that he had just picked out and bought with his b-day money) into the toilet. I was sooooooo disgusted. So Everett was getting scared outside, Oliver was shrieking for his frog in the toilet while needing to be really cleaned up, and I was feeling like not a happy momma!!! Cleaning up disgusting poop, fishing out a frog from said poopy toilet, and calming two shrieking children at the same time must earn me some mothering award. I can't say I did it without getting mad...but, yes I was pretty mad. But I said sorry...and Oliver said sorry for dropping his frog in the toilet. And now we are okay for the moment. And by some miracle I somehow got my appetite again...but it took awhile.
And now Oliver told me he's hungry. So I guess I'll go get him something to eat...and the cycle of Oliver's life can continue.
1 comment:
I'm laughing at your trials but I have sympathy. The disgusting things that can occur in the daily life of a mom is unreal and it's amazing how tough we are. but that's really funny too.
Post a Comment