So, yes I am up at all hours of the night because I'm obsessed...with...crafting blogs--but not just any crafting blogs, but the ones that actually show you how to do it--like www.craftgossip.com. And I could stay up for hours in the night because there is simply too much to stare at until my eyes are blurry and I can't click the next page button with my cramped up tired finger...so, I think I have a problem.
It inspired me to try to refashion one of Aaron's shirts into something I could wear...and lets just say it was experimental. hehe--no, it really actually sort of turned into something cute, but it took way longer than it should have, and I had to rip out one too many seams than I'd care to admit. I'll maybe post a pic...but I'm sorta bashful about pictures of myself, so--maybe not.
On another note, I tested negative on my MRSA and MSSA test last week! That is great news! I am still wanting Aaron to be tested to make sure he's not a carrier, but for the most part I'm feeling alot more relaxed about the whole situation...I do realize that germs are everywhere and I'm never technically "in the clear"--but I don't have to feel so creepy about it in our own house. I'm still going to try to stay on my cleaning schedule--because it actually has been really good for me to be forced to actually clean on a regular basis. Not that I'm dirty or disgusting usually...but, you know, I have the usual problems--like letting laundry build up in my bedroom into a huge pile before I get up the gumption to finally put it away (Usually when I would have more clothes in the pile than in my drawers, and I would find myself digging through the pile to find what I was wanting to wear!)
Which leads me to my next story...so, I got Everett's room painted and he's been sleeping in his big boy bed for like a week now with no big problems--YAY! But, before that he was in bed with me every night. And one night a few months ago I woke up and realized he wasn't next to me, and at the time he would get off the bed at night and wander around the house, so I figured I needed to go find him. As I walked through the house I got more and more stressed... (I feel like I've told this story here before, but--I can't find it, so here it is again). He wasn't in the living room, the toy room, Oliver's room, his room, on and on till I was officially freaked out. I was having visions of him being dead or kidnapped or who knows what. I was screaming at myself for being so stupid for sleeping with my toddler and not having him in a crib--locked up safe and sound...so i woke up Aaron, turned on every light in the house, and we did the most intense middle of the night search ever--when Aaron said, did you really check our room? So, we went back up there and lo and behold his little tiny feet were sticking out of our pile of laundry at the foot of the bed. Apparently he had slid off the bed, landed on the humongous pile of laundry and it was so comfy he didn't even wake up! He was sleeping so peacefully he didn't even wake up through all the commotion--it must have been a super fluffy pile of laundry ;). I never knew relief like that moment. I know this probably sounds crazy, and will make tons of people on the fence about cosleeping like, "THERE IS NO WAY I'm letting THAT happen to my BABY! I'm puttin' them in a CRIB!" But, you know what--as scary as that sounds the real moral of the story is: DON"T LET LAUNDRY BUILD UP AT THE END OF YOUR BED. Because seriously people...if he had hit solid floor, he would've woken us all up and I would have known he was trying to sneak off the bed.
And now it is really late and I'm sure there are more morals to glean from that story...especially about my parenting style of choice--but I'm simply too tired to analyze them all. And now he's in his own bed, and his nighttime wandering days are (mostly) over.
3 comments:
That is so funny! Well, I'm glad he's okay!! :) And the laundry thing, I totally do that too. I'm working on keeping it put away. I go through different stages where I'm really good at putting it away and at other times just letting her pile up!! I'm also glad your tests came back fine!!! How frustrating that would be!
That's pretty crazy, I'm glad you found him and I'm excited to hear more adventure stories of him in his big-boy bed. Luke is getting better at staying in his...finally.
The laundry thing made me smile! :) My major thing is leaving the "hand wash" dishes to soak, starting the dishwasher, and then not finishing them for, sometimes, (gasp!) a couple days. I have a new resolution to not go to bed until ALL the day's dishes are done... wish me luck. :)
Post a Comment