Sunday, March 7, 2010

My Olliebear is 4!

I feel like it was just yesterday that I was driving in to the hospital, ready to have my baby...and the song from that cartoon, Anastasia, came on the radio..."Heart, don't fail me now! Courage, don't desert me! Don't turn back now that we're here. People always say, Life is full of choices, No one ever mentions fear! Or how a road can seem so long, How the world can seem so vast, Courage see me through, Heart I'm trusting you..." and I realized that I was starting on a new journey--and that I had no idea how my life was changing. I was so excited, but nervous--nothing had prepared me for this! And not just childbirth, but being a mother. For the past four years I have contemplated that fact--how nothing can prepare you for being a mother. It surprises me in so many ways--and I feel so grateful for my Oliver teaching me how to be a better mommy to him. We have had so much fun together and I can't wait to grow with him for many more years! I love you Ollie!

Fun Facts about Oliver:
--He is totally in love with all things Thomas the Train
--He can play computer games and video games already...eek
--He will twirl around and become "spiderman" and do all sorts of amazing tricks and shoot "webs" out of his hands at us
--He will wrestle with Everett and Aaron till he's too tired to move
--His favorite foods are anything you can eat with maple syrup--pancakes, sausage, bacon, scrambled eggs, and french toast!
--His favorite color is red
--He loves going to the pet store and seeing all the animals, especially the hamsters, because he can spin them wildly on their wheel--no matter how many times I tell him not to, haha
--He loves doing puzzles
--He is always anxious to say prayers, and has been fervently praying for cute things such as each individual grandparents' health, or for his grandmas not to be so old...hehe
--He loves to play outside and ride his bike
--He has a very sensitive soul--and just hearing a song that sounds beautiful, or seeing a beautiful scene in nature makes him feel like crying, or snuggling up on my lap and hugging me tight...
--He is a great older brother to Everett, and sincerely tries to play with him or show love to him...and when they fight--he is quick to say sorry or forgive.
--He loves to paint and makes many paintings--too many to display on my refrigerator!

So, that is a tiny bit about our Oliver...We have celebrated all weekend--here are some pictures from our birthday festivities for him:



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Oliver! Steph, your family is so beautiful!! And Oliver looks more like Aaron every day. :)
All the best!
~Meredith

The Kammeyers said...

Oh my goodness, I LOVE the movie Anastasia and I love that song! :) The more I learn about you, Stephanie, the more I'm convinced of how much alike we are! Anyway, I'm sure Aaron & I will make it out to Ohio again at some point, and if so we'll definitely get together with you guys. :) Hope you're having a good week!