


Yesterday was my baby Everett's birthday...and now he is officially two years old. Two years is a very short time to be alive, but yet I look at Everett and am amazed at all he can do by age Two :). My Ode to Everett could take all night because he is such a sweet boy and I have a million things to remember about him at this age...but here are some of the highlights:
--Everett is a comedian...truly, he can make us laugh until we are all going to (as Oliver says) "pee our pants"...hehe
--He is in L-O-V-E with all things "Cars" (as in the movie), or sports related, especially his beloved sport: Baseball (which is an adorable word to hear him say).
--On the subject of baseball, he can already swing a bat and hit the ball (I totally think that is amazing...I mean, the bat is like as tall as he is--and my pitching is horrible!)
--He absolutely loves his older brother and tries to do ANYTHING Oliver does!
--He loves bubbles (yet another to-die-for-cute word to hear him say).
--Everett has a voracious appetite and can almost out-eat me...must be a growth-spurt!
--He loves to have us read books to him
--He loves painting and coloring
--He absolutely LOVES going to the pet store and riling up all the puppies
--He loves to play "pro-wrestling" with his daddy
--Everett has such a sweet spirit and can really snuggle and hug and kiss with the best of 'em
--And last of all, he loves to say prayers and pretty much volunteers for every family or meal prayer--and he will try so hard to say every word Aaron or I prompt him to say...and if he doesn't know how to say the word, he'll just say "Dada or Ach" haha
So that is a glimpse into the world of Everett. I remember when I was about to have him, we had just celebrated Oliver's second birthday. Oliver seemed like such a big boy to me at the time...and now I look at Everett and feel like he's still my baby. It's so funny how your perspective changes. But now he is growing, growing, growing--too fast! I wish I could just freeze my boys right where they are and enjoy every last drop of these moments with them. I love you, Everett! Happy Birthday!
No comments:
Post a Comment