I'm seriously a trend-setter. First of all, I have been a complete vintage shopper since I was like 14. My first prom dress was seriously a yellow, 1970's wispy wonder. Thrift stores appeal to me on many levels. One, I'm really cheap--and I like to find things for basically free. Two, I love to find things that have a bit of history behind them, and are unique. Three, I love to try to fix things into new things--and where else to find clothes you aren't scared to cut up, but the thrift store! Which leads me to the other reason why I'm a trend-setter--I have been refashioning things since like...I learned how to sew (seventh grade?). It started with altering things to fit better, or be more modest, or if they had a hole in them...but it has changed into many other projects of changing things up. I have been sewing adorable things out of weird stuff for years. BUT, what I didn't realize is that even if you are an ingenious trend-setter such as myself, it doesn't matter, cuz if you don't blog about it in a step-by-step tutorial on your totally custom adorable BLOG--noone will know. SIGH--so much like the tree that falls in the forest with noone around to hear it, if you sew something cute and noone sees it--did you really refashion something that people would WANT to see or even duplicate? And what has led me to this realization? I have discovered that there is a whole world of women in this world who have done JUST THAT--remade old nasty things into completely new adorable outfits...blogged about it...and won world-wide followers. SO, even though I don't blog about it...and I rarely point out pieces that I have spruced up in one way or another...I want everyone in the blogger world to know that I totally thought of that first--wearing cute vintage finds, and refashioning old things into chic new numbers...thank you.
And if you really want to see girls who are gifted, check out these blogs:
Made By Lex
Ruffles and Stuff
And then link through to anyone else they recommend. And just remember...I thought of this first. ha!
7 comments:
You totally did! I was thinking about that the other day... I see a lot of blogs posting re-fashions and I thought about how a couple summers ago you "re-fashioned" a swimsuit! Which by the way was so cute and made me jealous that you are that talented!
BTW, I was totally thinking about you today when I was cleaning out my closet. I really have a skirt that I want to keep, but want it shorter. Do you think you could help me?
Amy--thanks for agreeing with me :) hehe--that makes me feel good! Oh, and that swimsuit is still a work in progress because I lost steam on it! Heidi--just call me sometime and I can help you figure out your skirt idea!
Oh, you totally Steph!!! :)
I must agree, you have awesome style, and I'm totally with you on your love of all things vintage! (I frequent antique shops whenever I can, as I especially love vintage jewelry). :) I wish I could say I was a seamstress, though... I don't get along too well with a needle & thread. LOL.
Well, well, well, this is good to know. I am pretty much a new little sewer so you can teach me some of your tricks.
I love your little spat on the side "about me". That's hilarious!
I will definitely teach you whatever I know with sewing, Lyndzi--and thanks for checking out my blog!
Post a Comment