I am ERADICATING this dang thing outta my house if it kills me...okay maybe not kills me, since that is the very thing which I'm trying to prevent. haha! But, anyhow, my mother has been a brave saint and entered my house multiple times this past week helping me heal, and clean clean clean. I am feeling so grateful for my mom! And my super-awesome sis Rach took Oliver outta the house today for us so we could focus. (Everett appreciated the break from his wild big bro, too, I think!!) My hands are raw from all our bleaching, lysoling, cloroxing, etc. etc. of everything. If you can touch it with your hands, we're trying to clean it. Supposedly MRSA can live on surfaces for MONTHS...not days, not weeks--MONTHS PEOPLE. I'm trying not to feel freaked out by that idea. I can so easily slip down the slope of being a serious hypochondriac, it's scary. I just want us to be healthy, and have a healthy home! My swelling in my face is going down, and I'm feeling a lot less pain today. It has made me feel so grateful for priesthood blessings, and for all the help of loving members of my family and ward. I've had so many people call me, offer to bring me meals or things I need, and pray for me. I want to thank everyone for their prayerful thoughts and wishes! I know it is working.
We actually got to have another unexpected trip to the ER tonight (because I just can't get enough of that place-haha). Oliver was running around and tripped and hit his head on the corner of a speaker. It gashed open enough that we thought he needed stitches. Luckily it was a clean cut, so they just glued it back together. I can't tell you how relieved I was that I didn't have to hold him down for stitches again.
That's totally just what we needed: Me + MRSA + my son with a huge open wound. Bad combo, ya know?
No comments:
Post a Comment