Tuesday, January 12, 2010

If it wasn't this, it'd be somethin' else...

My mom kept telling me this for the past week and it was making me laugh! But, unfortunately I haven't had alot to laugh about this week--I have been really sick. In horrible pain. I can't explain it all very well...but I got an infection in my face and it seriously brought me down to the depths of my pain tolerance. I went to the ER last Thursday and they sent me home with some antibiotics to fight it. By Saturday I knew...this isn't your average infection. I went into the ER again and they had me stay at the hospital on an IV with a deadly concoction of antibiotics until today. I'm...healing. Slowly, and painfully, but--so it seems, I may be getting better. I had two breakdowns. One, when they told me it was MRSA. Google it. You won't want it either. Second, when they told me I couldn't nurse Everett while on my antibiotics...which I will be on for a long time. So, we had to wean cold-turkey. I seriously was almost sadder about that than the MRSA thing. I just hated that I couldn't have one last little snuggle-nuzzle with my baby Everett! Aaron's so sweet with the boys, I watched him put them to bed tonight--and they are all sleeping together snuggled in the big bed, while I"m off alone in my "sanitized area" in Oliver's bed. I don't like how this has all happened so quickly and unexpectedly! I have much to learn about my new way of life...my new especially sterile life. There is much controversy and different information about MRSA out there...but we are trying to figure it all out. I pray my boys and sweetie don't get this. It is a nightmare. I have to keep things in perspective, though. Many people deal with much worse--and survive and thrive. Back to my other mantra: "keep calm, carry on." haha I am off to sleep.

4 comments:

The Letteer Family said...

I'm so sorry to hear about that Stephanie! I hope you get better soon and that Oliver is handling the bottle well.

HeidiPie said...

How SAD!! I'm glad you're on the healing end now though. Call me if you think of a way I can help you.

Anonymous said...

Sorry about that. That is terrible. Do you know how you could have gotten it? I will be praying for you.

Kritta22 said...

Oh Chica! I'm so sorry!
I hope the boys dont get it. You will be in my prayers!