Sunday, January 20, 2008

Afternoon Church

So, since our ward meets in a building with two other full size wards we got shifted into the 1:30 slot with the new year. On one hand its nice to be able to take a really long, relaxing morning getting ready...on the other hand, coming home when it's almost dark out is kind of depressing. My calling right now is in Primary and I think the hardest hit demographic in our ward is between the ages of 1 1/2 and 8. The nursery kids and Jr. Primary kids have proven to be completely out of sorts and beside themselves with exhaustion for the past two weeks. I tried to drop Oliver off in Nursery, and ended up staying for a while because there was only one nursery leader with like nine toddlers. Four of which looked sorta sick and were sobbing for their parents...then when I got to primary last week we had two 5 year old boys escaping into the halls and running around during the whole hour of singing time/sharing time, a couple other 5 year old boys were like yelling and beating each other up, and I had two kids draped over me crying over and over "I want my mommmmmyyyyyy." I was like, Is there anyone else who feels like just calling it all off and saying "Primary is CANCELED!!!" This week was pretty much the same, but luckily we had a couple more teachers to help, so I think it was easier for me. Plus did I mention that like a third of the kids are primarily spanish speaking...and I can't remember much more than a few random phrases from my Sophomore spanish class. The language barrier is OH so helpful in keeping order with 4-6 year olds! ANYHOW, It is exhausting and honestly makes me wonder about my sanity...
ON another note...I'm getting really BIG with child and he's getting stronger and stronger with his kicks! We can't quite pin a name down for this little bugger. I think we are truly going to be like those people who just close their eyes and stick their finger on a name in the name-your-baby book. Hopefully it lands somewhere in the boy section... hehe
Also an exciting side note, I have officially started my Math 103 class at Columbus State. It's making me feel really good to know I am marching (ever so slowly) towards my bachelors degree! Well, I have to go now...I can't ignore Oliver's desperate pleas to watch youtube kitties anymore!

3 comments:

Amelia said...

That's hilarious about the naming thing. I think you should name him George W Bush Chapman. heheheh.

The Cochran Family said...

Awww, how'd the new house? Have you moved in yet? And the Math 103, not too bad, 104 is killer though. Good Luck!Those cookies looked sooo yummy I wish I were there to enjoy the your crampy hands hard work!

Chapman Channel said...

I haven't read my messages for awhile, so I didn't even realize you guys commented on my blog! I should have posted this...I still may, but we didn't get the house!! I actually did win our bid, and we got it inspected and it needed WAY more than TLC...it needed to be busted down and started over. (Practically)...so we are biding our time till we decide what we want to do next.