Monday, February 11, 2008

Eva's first birthday!

I am sure this will be an over-documented event since she is one of the cutest babies to hit the Larson family yet! We all gathered over at Amelia and Danny's new house for some big one-year-old fun :). Amelia had a doggy themed party since Eva's favorite thing in the whole world is saying "dog." It was complete with a cardboard dog house which Amelia must have painstakingly built only to have it played with and competed over by all the cousins until it was almost destroyed. The games for the little ones (and little ones at heart) included "pin the tail on the dog" and "dog, dog, CAT" (pretty much the same as duck duck goose)...but with Oliver not quite being two yet and truly not very interested in organized games, and then with the "big sister b-day blues" of Addie starting to come on strong, the games were short-lived. But, none-the-less cute. The rest of the evening was classic Larson-Party: LOTS of food and just hanging out. Some of us tried to play Cranium, but the babies kept pulling all the cards everywhere and stealing the game pieces--which I personally thought was cute. I think I've said cute alot about this party...but truly, with all the cuteness of the "babies" Lilia being like 9 months old, Eva turning one, Oliver almost two, and the "older" cousins Addie, Dane and Lena, there was just alot of "cute" goin' around.
On a side note, Aaron and I went on a super-fun early Valentine's Date last night!! For Christmas he got us tickets to see the "Ultimate Doo-wop" show at the Ohio Theater. We first went out to eat at the Cap City Diner which was really really yummy. The only odd thing (and rather gross) was that when we got in the car, I was still in the mood to nibble on my leftovers on the drive to the theater so I opened them up and honestly I took like two bites out of a sandwich that totally wasn't mine!! I think in some really weird mistake our waitress gave me the wrong cheesburger, which kind of looked like mine, but wasn't...EWWW! I have no idea whose yucky germs I got. I called the restaurant and they claimed that it was indeed mine, but are still sending me a gift certificate. If it was mine, and mine didn't have mayo while I was eating it at the restaurant, then why did the one in my take-out box suddenly have TONS of Mayo and HUGE bites that did not resemble mine?...a question that may never be answered. OH WELL, so we went to the show and it was so fun! Walking in, the usher (who looked like in his 60's) was like "Aren't you two a little YOUNG for this???" We were like "NO! We love Doo-Wop!" But as the evening went on we looked around and realized we probably were some of the youngest people there...haha. But we still loved it. It was amazing to see the ORIGINAL groups do their ORIGINAL songs from the fifties and sixties. If I wasn't totally with pregnancy brain right now, I would probably be able to remember the group's names, but I honestly cannot. All I can say is I recognized alot of the songs and was amazed that those old people could still sing and dance so well. We heard some of the old hits like "Blue Moon," "Wammalamma-ding-dong," "Good Night Sweetheart," "A thousand stars in the sky," "Precious and Few," "Just like Romeo and Juliet" etc. etc. And the whole I night I kept looking at Aaron and thinking, "How was I so lucky to have married a guy who actually wanted to go to this, too?" He is so cool--but don't tell him I said that, because lately he's been on a "I am the smartest man alive" kick...and I really don't want his ego blown up much more-- haha. I love him anyhow :) It was a sweet way to celebrate our fifth Valentine's day together!!

1 comment:

The Cochran Family said...

You are lucky to marry a guy that actually like doo-whop! I DO like doo-whop a lot myself lol...sounds like a lot of fun!!! I hear you are getting soooo close!!! Exciting! I had a dream last night that they told me I was having a girl and then I got to the hospital to give birth and they were doing one last ultrasound and I said can you check one more time to see what it is and then I saw the thingy and I was like, that is a venus!!!! But I was ok in my dream b/c somehow I felt that it was destiny for me to only have boys and I might as well be ok with it... :) good luck!