
Living in Columbus, OH has its perks in the park area--there are tons to choose from. We like to take walks almost every sunday at one of the metro parks near us. We always have good intentions of leaving the house with plenty of time before dark, but lately, of course, it is getting darker earlier and earlier. Well tonight we went to Sharon Woods which has a paved path that goes around the whole park. It is in and out of the woods, approx. 4 miles (I think). Well, we started at six and were just having a nice time talking and enjoying the beautiful evening, but without us realizing it we were getting REALLY far along the path and before we knew it we were over halfway on this path. Well, by now it was officially dark, ESPECIALLY in the woods! We thought about turning around, but we honestly didn't know whether it would be any faster, so we just kept going ahead...Oliver had been taking a nap in his stroller, but now he woke up and was getting pretty upset with the scary dark woods all around us. And, by the way, we are NOT in a especially safe area!!! So, Aaron and I were getting pretty creeped out. Also, did I mention I'm about 14 weeks pregnant? Well, having been a rather UN-active individual lately, this amount of walking was starting to put its strains on me. And Aaron, I think in his nervousness, was walking REALLY fast. I kept visualizing the creepiest things from any horror movies I've seen. THIS is why I shouldn't watch those movies--my imagination is quite enough to freak me out! I was honestly wondering if Aaron would be able to take on someone in the dark, without a weapon. Plus, we kept wondering, "geez, isn't like a park ranger going to come around or something???" I've lost alot of faith in the Columbus park rangers tonight if I ever get kidnapped in a metro park!!! Luckily, to end any suspense of this story, nothing happened...we walked for about an hour and a half in the dark and finally got out of the woods. We still had a ways to go to our car, and I was feeling kind of bad, so I luckily was able to sit in Oliver's stroller and hold him on my lap and Aaron pushed us both back to the car (about a twenty min. walk). I was sure I was going to break the stroller, but miraculously it held!!! We must have looked so weird! I felt kind of proud, though, that my butt wasn't too big to fit in his stroller. haha Oh my... it is just lucky though that nothing strange did happen. I get so creeped out thinking about the combination of dark+city park+woods+weirdos. Anyhow, that was all the Halloween walk that I need for the season...no chainsaws for me, thank you very much!
P.S. We did see a raccoon and like five dear, including an about ten point buck which was surprisingly huge...so there were some positives to the whole experience. hehe
1 comment:
You guys and your late night woods explorations. I think you flying through the woods in Olivers stroller would scare any unfortunate passerby to death. Imagine, its all dark and all of a sudden a crazed man running with a lady in a stroller...freaky
Post a Comment