Monday, September 23, 2013

September weekend getaway!

Summer Is officially over!  We were so busy, I didn't document a thing!  But I am going to play a little catch-up...I'm not starting at the beginning of summer and going forward, I think I'll start from this past weekend, and go backward...I know it's confusing, but I'm just going to get as much as I can up to date.


This past weekend we went to Cincinnati and stayed at the beautiful Hilton Netherland Plaza downtown (http://www.historichotels.org/hotels-resorts/hilton-cincinnati-netherland-plaza).
  It was really gorgeous!  Aaron was busy with work meetings, but we had a wonderful time exploring this amazing hotel! So many beautiful rooms!! We played at the pool and went to the "overlook"-- it was super tall!  I was a bit scared of being up there by myself with all three boys. But the ledge was tall enough that I wasn't TOO worried they would propel themselves over the edge.  I think we were about 49 stories up.




I was super in love with this hotel!  So beautiful!  And if it wasn't "haunted"--it would be perfect! haha!
We didn't take many pictures on this trip.  We also ate at a yummy pizza place over at the Newport mall--Dewey's Pizza.  I was really brave on Saturday and took the boys BY MYSELF to Ikea!  This was my first time to Ikea, so it was a bit confusing and chaotic, but we loved it.  I wish we could have spent more time there.  But then it was off to Dayton to go to an AWESOME Ohio Right To Life fundraiser dinner at the Mandalay Banquet Center with my sister Amelia and my Mom.  It was such a delicious dinner, and the speaker was Tim Tebow's mom.  She was so sweet and had a really incredible story and message to share!  I love the Right-To-Life effort!  Everyone is so awesome!  I was blessed to sit with some girls from Columbus' Right To Life office, and they hopefully  will need my help sometimes!  I really want to participate as much as I can.  
Here's my Mom with Pam Tebow in the back talking! 


And here's a short bit about Pam Tebow's life and story:
http://www.lifenews.com/2012/06/24/tim-tebows-mom-keeps-pressing-pro-life-cause/

On Sunday after church, we picked apples!  My parents' trees did really well this year!  






 
Uncle Nathan was wonderful playing with the boys and helping them!  We love Nate!  Then we all headed over to Amelia's house to party the night away for Addie and Lena's birthdays.  It was a wonderful weekend, so many sweet memories made!  We love our family!





No comments: