Sunday, September 26, 2010

SIGH-- I have so many adorable pics, special memories and strange stories to tell. I need to attempt to catch up, for history's sake:

September in a nutshell:

**We had our first ultrasound of the baby--it was tiny...and there was only one wiggly little baby, so that was a relief :) I'm going on 16 weeks-- Time is flying by :)

**I went on an impromptu vacation with my mom and brother Nathan up to Michigan to visit my grandparents. It was really great, and memorable. We had beautiful weather, although it was pretty chilly compared to what we were used to. It is so gorgeous up north--we loved going to the pier, seeing all the boats, swimming and playing on the sandy beaches of Lake Huron, going to the Shipwreck museum (I don't think that's the official name), swimming at our hotel and eating almost every meal there ('cuz kids eat free!), going to the Besser museum (Alpena's historical museum), eating eating eating, throwing rocks at Grandma's beach (and getting blown away by the intense wind!), shopping at the Alpena Mall, and a fabulous grand finale of going to Mackinac Island! PHEW! Mackinac Island was truly the icing on the cake, because the boys loved the ferry ride over, we went on a private horse and carriage tour of the island, got to eat tons of fudge and other yummy food, and it was just overall amazing! I think the funniest part of the trip was when we got almost to our exit to go home, and we ran out of gas. Nathan had to run to the nearest gas station, and I had to go to the bathroom like crazy. It was an interesting, yet torturous, ending to our adventure with Grandma Larson and Uncle Nathan. Oh, and by the end of the trip Everett and Uncle Nathan were total buddies--it was so cute, Everett wanted him to hold him, read books to him, take him everywhere...cute cute. Oh, and every day Oliver kept exclaiming cute things like, "THIS is the best trip EVER!!!"

**Aaron had an ABO Convention in Cincinnati, so we tagged along and had some Cincinnati FUN--AKA, I entertained the boys in a city I had no idea how to navigate. Let's just say we had some moments that were less than fun...but I perservered and we accomplished some things I've been wanting to do--like take the boys to the Newport Aquarium, and the Cincinnati Zoo. If you are in Cincinnati for a day, and can't choose which to do--I'd choose the zoo. It's cheaper and way bigger. The boys really loved both, though--and the Newport Aquarium was cool...I was just expecting a bit more. By the end of the trip, it was determined that I either need a leash for both the boys...or a taser. I'm only slightly joking.

And NOW we are in October--Our fun-filled month of birthdays and our wedding anniversary. In fact, today is our 6th year anniversary. On the third I turned 28...Aaron turns 29 on the thirteenth. I'm kinda weirded out by the fact that we are almost thirty. EEK..my next oldest sister, Amelia is turning 30 this year! In fact, it's her magic year--her b-day is 10-10-10. WEIRD. Add to that three other family b-days and we are basically all buying eachother presents right now. It's kind of like Christmas. I had a three-day celebration for my birthday--Aaron is really getting the fact that I like to be celebrated! I like to feel special! And I really like things that are all about me--me, me, ME!!! Haha--I'm kidding, but we seriously did do things for like three days straight, all in the honor of my birthday...friday we went to Red Robin with the boys to get my requisite free Birthday dinner, where they totally sang to me. Saturday afternoon, Aaron's mom came over and watched the boys so we could go on a date. It turned out to be pretty interesting--I had the odd idea that I wanted to try this Thai restaurant that I had heard was the most authentic Thai restaurant in Columbus. The only thing remotely Thai I've ever eaten is Pad Thai...so we ordered that. Let's just say we were seriously out of our element. The spices were so different than what we'd had before, and to add to it everything was slathered in fish sauce. Aaron and I seriously HATE anything fishy. I was so disgusted--we couldn't eat it. When our waiter came to check on us, I had to be honest--I was like, "I am soooo sorry, but I'm pregnant and I can't eat ANYTHING that tastes fishy...and he was like Pad Thai ALWAYS has fish sauce...I will go and get the chef for you." And then when the chef came, he offered to make us something else, which was so kind, but nothing he could make on the ENTIRE menu didn't have fish sauce to some degree. hahah--he ended up making us something with the least amount of fish sauce he could, but we could still taste it. If you put fish sauce on chicken...it will taste like fish. If you put fish sauce on noodles, they will taste like slimy squid or something. We tried our best, with lots of soy sauce, to eat what he made us--but it was still hard. We just kept laughing at ourselves the whole time--we are not the super-cool international food enthusiasts we thought we were. Afterwards we hit the mall, and a movie. It turned out to be super fun. Then on Sunday, I woke up to our dining room all decorated for my b-day and presents, and Aaron and the boys made me a really hilarious b-day cake with like every candle and sprinkle we had in the house. They really made me feel loved, and the boys were wishing me happy birthday for days--so cute.

And now today is our Anniversary--only 6 years ago we were getting married! I can't believe how fast time is flying by. It is like our life is in fast forward all the time. I just want to relax tonight and watch our wedding video, and remember all that has happened in the past 6 years. Aaron is the best husband I could have ever wished for--he's hilarious, crazy and so fun. But he's also really sweet and kind and loving--I can't wait to see what the future has in store for us!



2 comments:

HeidiPie said...

How crazy. And I love how you got celebrated so much. That's pretty cool. I also hate fishy things, so thanks on the heads up about thai places.

Kellie said...

AHHH!!! Being prego is SO HARD. I'm totally laughing at all your posts here. Congrats, you're already 16 weeks, you'll be finding out in no time, are you finding out? October is such a fun month for your family! I LOVE celebrating, we've started calling it our birthday week... Good luck with all those parties and gift ideas! And hang in there, the desire to puke may calm down soon???