Wednesday, October 28, 2009

25 days behind....

SO, I gotta play catchup for this past month. Every day I am bemoaning to myself the fact that so much is happening and I'm going to forget it all if I don't write something down! This is my last ditch effort to remember this October...

October 8th--Our 5th Year Anniversary! This is us on our wedding day--weren't we cute?







This year our anniversary fell on a Wednesday, so Aaron was in school and we couldn't go on a date until the weekend. I still surprised him when he got home from school with a candle-lit evening of yummy dessert and I serenaded him with a special song (which he loved), then we watched our wedding video from our reception. I wish I could put that whole video on here--it has some pretty funny parts. Then, on the weekend we went on our anniversary date--we wanted to go dancing, BUT I was feeling too exhausted and so we postponed it and instead went out to dinner and saw a movie (hey--it was still fun!).

October 11th--we had a big combined party with all my family for the October birthdays. In October we have 6 birthdays within two weeks! We went to Amelia's house and partied partied partied--ohhh yeah.













October 13th--For Aaron's Birthday I threw him a little dinner party with our friends Jason and Fernanda, and my sister, Rachel, brother in law, Mark and their kids. We ordered his fave pizzas from his two favorite places in Columbus, and we had a lovely evening chatting and eating way too much!

October 16th--we went dancing with Jason and Fernanda, and Rachel and Mark at this place called La Fogata. It was really fun--they had a long dance class before the whole evening of dancing. I wore my swirliest skirt and a rose in my hair--haha. I had to feel the part! Aaron and I loved it, except we didn't want to dance with anyone but each other. We decided next time we go we won't do the social dance part of the class--but just learn to dance with one another...he's so cute...
And that same weekend we had a seriously crazy home improvement bug hit and Aaron started renovating our downstairs bathroom...which involved him and a member of our ward sawing through our cement floor to set up plumbing for our bathtub...Let's just say it was like a cloud of cement dust exploded in our house.
Remember learning about the dustbowl in history class? That was us. 'Nuff said. When it's done I'll post some awesome before and afters (hopefully--haha)


**BIG NEWS that happened this month: 1. My awesome sisters found me a dream double stroller on craigslist--it is AWESOME! It's a red Schwinn double, with the front swivel wheel...and it fits through doorways! I love it!
2. ANNNNND...Aaron and I bought a new car (because we sold BOTH our old cars)...it's a Honda Odyssey and so far we really love it. It is soooo much easier to get the boys in...we have more space for whatever and whomever we want to tow around...and it looks really great. I love it.

And by the way...Here's a pic of the cousins dancing in Forever 21 while Amelia, Mom and I went shopping...




And now we are in the throws of Halloween parties. So far we went to our ward Halloween party last Friday, and tonight I took the kids to the ward's trunk-or-treat. Aaron and I went as a dorky prom couple...yeah, it was a stretch, but I had to have Aaron wear that wig. hahaha!! HOT! Oliver and Everett have been relatively cranky about everything related to Halloween costumes and parties. It was like pulling teeth to get Oliver to do a single game tonight! And every time he got a piece of candy he was like, "OPEN IT OPEN IT OPEN IT!" in a really demanding voice. This child has been really challenging me lately. I have felt the need more than ever to read parenting books and really try to figure this whole thing out. Why doesn't parenting come NATURALLY to me??? So many times when he is being a cranky, rude, bossy three year old I think, "There's gotta be a way to deal with this better..."
Then the most confusing part of the whole night was when we were leaving he said in the sweetest voice, "I really had fun at the Halloween party!" I just stared at him in shock and then said, "well, good--I'm glad." Doo doo doo doo (twilight zone music)..






October--not yet gone, and now...not yet forgotten.

3 comments:

Rachel H said...

Hahahaahhaha! YOu guys looks horrible! In an awesome way, you know? Great! Dork-a-licious!

And I am glad you got all the other events covered as well!lol!

Amelia said...

aarons wig is awesome. I think there must be a full moon out or something because addie and eva are acting strange as well.

The Kammeyers said...

Oh my goodness, I LOVE the wedding jewelry you wore! Absolutely beautiful. What a cute post. Glad you guys had a great anniversary! :)