Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Weekend State Fair

We decided on Saturday to go to the Ohio State Fair--and it was actually really fun! The boys loved seeing all the animals, a baboon show, a magic show, we went on a tractor ride, and Oliver was really excited to go on the rides. He was really brave and went on his first "big" roller coaster! I was pretty surprised he wasn't too scared! I was lucky, 'cuz I was the one to go with them on the rides--the perks of being the Mom. We made it through the whole evening without a serious meltdown from anyone--SUCCESS! OH, and another lucky-break -- they double checked Aaron's shoulder restraints and discovered he wasn't locked in-- RIGHT before they were going to start a really freaky ride that he for sure would have died on!!! Thank heavens for that second fair worker that realized he wasn't secured! Seriously, I was really scared for Aaron after that, and Aaron said he hung on for dear life the whole ride. PHEW...I don't know WHY we subject ourselves to these rickety rides that have been taken apart and put together a tribillion times...they CAN'T be safe. Here's some pics from our adventure...












1 comment:

The Letteer Family said...

How scary for Aaron!

Cute pics!