Every Mother's day weekend my boys get me flowers--but not just ANY flowers...I get a special trip to the nursery of my choice (usually walmart-haha) and I get to pick out ANY flowers and HOW MANY flowers, that I could possibly want. It is the single day of the year that I try not to think about money...because usually I would just buy like the wilted "sale" potted plant, and hope against hope that it doesn't die. NOPE, not on Mother's Day! I go through the nursery trying my best to find the healthiest, hardiest looking pansies, geraniums, and petunias I can find. This year I made a few EXTRA special purchases since this is my first Mother's Day that I have my own home with my own garden to decorate! I got my most absolute favorite flower ever--actually it's a bush--The Hydrangea! It is so awesome...It's beautiful, pink and it's gonna get huge! OH, and it could be blue OR pink--depending on our soil's acidity. I want it to be both blue and pink...maybe I"ll be lucky. :) ALSO, Aaron had a special request to get a Blue Spruce--we strategically planted it on the side of our house...and in like 11 years we'll have a handy 15-20 foot privacy tree. We will probably not be here long enough to see it that big...but who knows! I guess we could always come and visit it someday to see how its doing. I love the idea of planting a tree when you first move into a house, and then always knowing that it's "your very own" tree. Anyhow, I really love my flowers, and Aaron's mom and brother came over all day to help watch the boys so I could plant them! I will have to show how they look another time--by the time we were done, it was getting dark and I had to hurry in to put the boys to sleep.
Here are some pics of me hard at work with my little helpers!
OH--and the cutest thing was that Oliver kept repeating all day "I LOVE Flowers!!!!" with the most sincere sigh and a full pirouette. I love innocent sweet boys!




3 comments:
What a wonderful Mother's Day gift! I love that idea! And now that you have your own home it's even more awesome! Happy Mother's Day Stephanie!!
Oh yeah, and that's what I think about that!!! :)
Oh my goodness, I just knew we were kindred spirits, Stephanie! Hydrangeas are my absolute favorite flower (next to roses, of course). :) The bridesmaids at my wedding all had hydrangea bouquets! Anyway, Happy Mother's Day! Hope you're having a good one!
Post a Comment