Wednesday, May 20, 2009

AYUDAME!

Whoever said that watching hours of t.v. on end doesn't teach their children anything is WROOOOOOOOOOOOONG. Now, before anyone gets worked up--I totally agree that watching tons of T.V. is probably "not the best idea," BUT yesterday Oliver wanted to go outside and instead of saying "help me, mommy!" for me to put on his shoes, he said, "AYUDAME!!! AYUDAME!!!" And I was like, "WHAT did you say???" And he said it again, and then after I put on his shoes he said, "Gracias!" And then when we were outside and I asked him something he said, "Si!" SO...my only explanation is the hours of Dora and Diego he's been watching lately...because unless we have a Spanish speaking ghost in our house, NOONE is speaking Spanish here!

Which brings me to my next train of thought:
AYUDAME! Seriously! FIRST: our Honda broke down like two weeks ago, and Aaron's been diligently trying to get it to stop leaking oil to no avail. THEN: I was driving on Friday, on the highway, with the kids, and our Buick starts sputtering, smoking and then my automatic steering and breaks shut down and I have to like CRANK the wheel over to get to the side of the road to stop! I sat there for a minute to try to decide what to do, and within that minute Oliver informed me he was THIRSTY (if you know Oliver, you know that this is a perpetual problem), hungry, and had to go potty. PLUS, wihout air conditioning blasting at us, it was quickly getting HOT HOT HOT. SO, I seriously said a prayer, started the car again and drove down the next exit, and as I was turning at the light my car turned off again and I again lost steering AND my breaks!!! BUT, I saw a Wendy's up ahead, so I coasted with the last momentum I had into their parking lot, and stopped merely by hitting the cement parking block thingy (does that have a name??)...ANYHOW, It was truly a miracle that we made it to Wendy's. THANK THE HEAVENS ABOVE for Frosties.
SO, we waited there until the tow truck came, and my sis Rachel picked us up. THEN: I got home and was staring at a bunch of medical bills we have to pay because Aaron's insurance is LAME and feeling really stressed about THAT, when I went down to start a load of laundry and after it started, so did a stream of water from underneath it, forming a little river in our basement! A hose cracked!
ALL of THAT is icing on the fact that Aaron's dad has been in the hospital for the past two and a half weeks!

I really am not trying to be a downer.

BUT--for the weekend, Aaron and I were feeling pretty frustrated. We hate driving old cars that break down...but, we are getting them fixed, so it will all work out. The washing machine can be fixed. Bills can be budgeted in. Aaron's dad is getting better. And the thought that keeps coming to my mind is "When it Rains...it POURS" BUT, honestly we are very blessed compared to alot of people.

(I wrote this two days ago...but I forgot to post it--so I figured I'd post it anyhow)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. Things always seem to run in 3's. Hold in there. I hope it is all better now.

The Kammeyers said...

It's nice to express these feelings sometimes, isn't it?! And I like you're "BUT" paragraph at the end - it really puts things in perspective. Things will work out! :)

The Letteer Family said...

Wow!! Pour it did! I'm sorry to hear all of that! I've felt pretty down at times because of this and that, and then too remember that I don't have it nearly as bad as some people. It then all of a sudden doesn't seem so bad anymore.