The latest chapter in our home improvement saga is that we got new siding (I don't think I've mentioned that) and a new roof and all new living room furniture! No, we didn't win the lottery (exactly), but we did get lucky when we had a windstorm all the way back in September that damaged our roof. Since our roof needed to be totally replaced, the insurance guy also decided that our siding needed to be totally replaced (I was kinda sad that we couldn't be the cool blue house in the neighborhood anymore--haha, not really). Actually, I was SO EXCITED! To add to our insurance jackpot we had a leak in our sun room's roof that soaked the floor and sofa out there, so they gave us money to replace the sofa. Let's just say, we were thrilled! So I sold our Craig'slist sofa and love seat (which we hated) for $150 and we have been searching high and low for a couch that fits both Aaron's and my demands: super comfortable, large and remotely stylish. Comfort and size is easy to find, but not when you add in STYLISH. The closest thing I could find was at Restoration Hardware for like five times what we wanted to spend. BUT, after a few weeks of searching, we finally found something at the JCPenney Outlet here in Columbus (this place is unexpectedly HUGE). We scored--the chair was 90% off, and the couches were 50% and 60% off! The pictures make the colors a bit darker on the sofas, but the cream in the chair matches the couches. ALSO, Aaron is wanting me to tell everyone that the walls looks a bit scary because he's finishing the drywall in our living room...




And we got two pretty lamps there for super cheap at 70% off:

And here's a glance at our new siding...for some reason I haven't taken a full picture yet. And you can see our new roof in it too. No, we didn't get dimensional shingles--but, hey--they were free :). OH, and the same guys that did our roof and siding, we paid them to cut out and install two new windows for us. (I think it was a requirement for all the workers for this company to have really long nappy ponytails and facial hair). But they did a great job on our house and I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE having a window in our kitchen now! Yessss!


Just a little glance of this cutie...


4 comments:
YAY STEPH!!!
WOW!!! I need to come see!!! Everything looks great! You must be paying your tithing ;)
Sorry I haven't made it over yet. Everything looks fabulous, so I'm going to have to see it in person. I'll get over there sometime, and with your jacket...just you wait. =)
and Happy Birthday Everett!!
I'm loving the furniture! That side chair is adorable! :) Looks like your home is coming together really well! Hopefully we'll make it out to Ohio sometime again to see it. :)
Post a Comment