On Saturday was Oliver's third b-day. We planned to take him to the Chuck-e-Cheese in Springfield, but it was waaaaaay too crowded, so we moved the party to a park. LUCKILY it was great weather for an outdoor b-day! Oliver honestly was probably more happy rolling down the grassy hill at the park than he would have been in the craziness of chuck-e-cheese. It was the perfect most-unexpected birthday party for a three-year-old EVER! We flew his kite, played a big family game of kick-ball, the cousins rolled down the hill like a million times, we all ate exorbitant amounts of pizza, cupcakes, and ice cream sandwiches, saw at least two trains zoom by, and had a friendly grey kitty hang out with us throughout the party. Oliver was in heaven! He only opened maybe two presents. Oliver simply couldn't focus on opening presents with trains, kitties, fun, food and cousins around to distract him. In all the good times I didn't take many pictures (okay practically NONE)--so I'm going to have to post more once I get some from my dad.
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Olliebear is three!
On Saturday was Oliver's third b-day. We planned to take him to the Chuck-e-Cheese in Springfield, but it was waaaaaay too crowded, so we moved the party to a park. LUCKILY it was great weather for an outdoor b-day! Oliver honestly was probably more happy rolling down the grassy hill at the park than he would have been in the craziness of chuck-e-cheese. It was the perfect most-unexpected birthday party for a three-year-old EVER! We flew his kite, played a big family game of kick-ball, the cousins rolled down the hill like a million times, we all ate exorbitant amounts of pizza, cupcakes, and ice cream sandwiches, saw at least two trains zoom by, and had a friendly grey kitty hang out with us throughout the party. Oliver was in heaven! He only opened maybe two presents. Oliver simply couldn't focus on opening presents with trains, kitties, fun, food and cousins around to distract him. In all the good times I didn't take many pictures (okay practically NONE)--so I'm going to have to post more once I get some from my dad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Happy Birthday Oliver! What a perfect day to go to the park! I'm glad you were all able to recover from being sick just in time for his birthday. Yay!
What CUTE cupcakes! Glad you guys had a fun time! :)
Post a Comment