Sunday, January 25, 2009

Deep Thoughts from Disney

So, I have watched many a "Sing-A-Long" movie in my day...I watched them myself growing up, and now Oliver watches them a-LOT. So, there is one song from "The Sword in the Stone" that has lyrics that are stuck in my head and the third verse is becoming my new mantra:

You must set your sights upon the heights
Don't be a mediocrity
Don't just wait and trust to fate
And say, "That's how it's meant to be."
It's up to you how far you go
If you don't try you'll never know
And so my lad as I've explained
Nothing ventured, nothing gained

-------------------------------
I have heard this song a million times, but only recently did I actually catch the words of it...and it is surprisingly inspiring. Hahha, who would've thought? From a Disney movie? Well, I'll take it!

3 comments:

Rachel H said...

I like them! Good thoughts for the day!

Katrina said...

Wow, did you actually have all those words memorized??? Oliver really must watch those movies a lot! ha ha. See, back in the good ol' days of disney, they had songs that were inspirational rather than the current disney movies that have trendy songs, that are not always that good if you know what I mean...

The Kammeyers said...

Thanks for sharing! I've always loved The Sword in the Stone, but it's seriously been at least a decade since I last watched it. Cheers to Disney Sing-A-Longs! :)

~Lauren