Saturday, December 6, 2008

Painting and Pictures

I have a permanent cramp in my right arm because I have been painting for like a REALLY long time last night and today...here is a "before" picture of a corner of the toy room.
It was really messy and a scary color of..."rose"...and it had a ton of cracks and holes all over--that I simply filled with putty and painted over. NOW, two coats of paint later, and a newly painted white ceiling later (which you can't see in the pic)...A slightly less messy, mint green toy room!!! In the light of day it looks very minty...almost blue-gray. It's hard to put your finger on what shade it is..hahah. I'm no color expert like my sis Rach :). Now I want to get creative with maybe some shelves and storage baskets. I also want to do some cute art on the walls. But, HEY--baby steps, right? Green is DEFINITELY better than that pink color! While I was painting the pink and green actually looked like the perfect watermelon shades together. I kinda thought that in some ways I'd like a pink and green room...with a watermelon theme. Maybe someday when I have a HUGE house with lots of rooms to do quirky themes in. haha I think I was just hungry for watermelon.
Then today Aaron and I went to a work party at a Japanese steak house that was really fun and when we got home there was enough snow to try sledding!
We had a ton of fun sledding and playing outside--I'm seriously loving not living in an apartment anymore! I love feeling like we can leave our house and enjoy our little spot in the world! Then we came in and had the classic cup-o-hot chocolate and made sugar cookies.

WELL, I really want to do more before and after pics of our house now...but, I have to go and do some serious cleaning. Maybe later...

3 comments:

Katrina said...

Steph! The play room looks AWESOME. Good job on the puttying/painting! Also, your little outside snow picture is so cute.

Amy Jane said...

You are doing such an amazing job with the house!! And what a cute family you got there! :)

Amelia said...

the color is a wonderful improvement. That rose color a force to be reckoned with