Since this is our first year in our new home, I feel like Christmas here is extra special! I really want it to be happy and focused on the Savior. I just want to set the tone for everyone to feel the spirit of Christmas in their hearts that night and to feel a renewed love of Christ and desire to improve. I'm not exactly sure how we are going to accomplish that :), but thats what I hope we can do for our guests! I think that becoming a mother has intensified my feelings at this time of year because I cannot express how much I've been thinking about how I can share my testimony of Christ with my boys as they grow up. I really want them to know that I truly believe in Jesus Christ. It has been on my heart alot lately and I know it will be my lifelong task to share my testimony with them and hopefully they will grow up feeling the same way too. I could go on, but I really just wanted to share that I have had a feeling of love and gratitude for this time of year--for all the things it reminds me of. I had such a nice childhood, and I want to create similar feelings and memories for my family. I think I'll start making some memories right now--I'll go snuggle someone and then, I think I'm going to make chocolate chip cookies (cuz I NEED sweets!).
Sunday, December 21, 2008
Here's a bunch of pics we've taken in the past couple weeks. I just can't help it--these boys are cute! I figured I might as well share the cuteness. I know it will put a smile on your holiday face :) haha We are getting ready to host Aaron's side of the family for Christmas Eve. This really just means we are trying to get our house organized from the messy construction zone to a relatively normal feeling living space. Three days...I don't know if we can do it! I am overwhelmed with the amount of unaccomplishable projects I wanted to do "before" Christmas! I mainly just don't want to be up all night the night before wrapping everything. I don't like to feel exhausted and cranky on Christmas!
Since this is our first year in our new home, I feel like Christmas here is extra special! I really want it to be happy and focused on the Savior. I just want to set the tone for everyone to feel the spirit of Christmas in their hearts that night and to feel a renewed love of Christ and desire to improve. I'm not exactly sure how we are going to accomplish that :), but thats what I hope we can do for our guests! I think that becoming a mother has intensified my feelings at this time of year because I cannot express how much I've been thinking about how I can share my testimony of Christ with my boys as they grow up. I really want them to know that I truly believe in Jesus Christ. It has been on my heart alot lately and I know it will be my lifelong task to share my testimony with them and hopefully they will grow up feeling the same way too. I could go on, but I really just wanted to share that I have had a feeling of love and gratitude for this time of year--for all the things it reminds me of. I had such a nice childhood, and I want to create similar feelings and memories for my family. I think I'll start making some memories right now--I'll go snuggle someone and then, I think I'm going to make chocolate chip cookies (cuz I NEED sweets!).







Since this is our first year in our new home, I feel like Christmas here is extra special! I really want it to be happy and focused on the Savior. I just want to set the tone for everyone to feel the spirit of Christmas in their hearts that night and to feel a renewed love of Christ and desire to improve. I'm not exactly sure how we are going to accomplish that :), but thats what I hope we can do for our guests! I think that becoming a mother has intensified my feelings at this time of year because I cannot express how much I've been thinking about how I can share my testimony of Christ with my boys as they grow up. I really want them to know that I truly believe in Jesus Christ. It has been on my heart alot lately and I know it will be my lifelong task to share my testimony with them and hopefully they will grow up feeling the same way too. I could go on, but I really just wanted to share that I have had a feeling of love and gratitude for this time of year--for all the things it reminds me of. I had such a nice childhood, and I want to create similar feelings and memories for my family. I think I'll start making some memories right now--I'll go snuggle someone and then, I think I'm going to make chocolate chip cookies (cuz I NEED sweets!).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You are super sweet steph! I am so proud of what a wonderful person you are! And your boys are the CUTEST things on earth ever!! LOVE YA!
everett in santa hat=perfection. love ya
Awww!! I love to read your blog! Those boys of yours are so cute!!
I just want to squeeze Everett to pieces, and Oliver is such a cutie too!!! MAN, i love those kids. Also, your post was awesome! And that is exactly why I've always looked up to you all my life!:)
Post a Comment