Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Latest thoughts...

I have to be honest...I'm sort of depressed right now. Mainly because I honestly don't know if the whole country is going crazy...or if it just seems like it is. Or at least...51% of it. As the ever-so-eager news programs announce our new nation's president, I lay in bed next to my baby boys and wonder--what does this world hold in store for them? I grew up with so much peace, will they also have safety in this nation? I just pray that "the change" that is coming is one that will leave us with glad days and peaceful nights...freedom to live and grow in a beautiful nation that was founded on God's principals. As I lay there pondering these serious worries of my heart, and after I called my mom, I opened up my scriptures to D&C 29:39 and was reminded that "It needs be that the devil should tempt the children of men, or they could not be agents unto themselves; for if they never should have bitter they could not know the sweet..." This gave me comfort, not because I think our new president is the "devil"--but because it reminded me that Heavenly Father allows us to make choices--and even if our choices lead to bad results, the bad helps us to appreciate the good in life even more! So, basically, even if weird or terrible things are going on in our country, it can help us appreciate and be grateful for the good EVEN MORE! I just love that by tasting the bitter--we can know the sweet. And I love sweet things (especially when it comes to food--haha). And as most of our country celebrates, I feel worried and yet am reminded that Heavenly Father's plan continues and life can go on.

And now, here are some pictures of my boys from Halloween...now THIS is sweet ;)

9 comments:

Amelia said...

sweet new blog colors. Today I feel 'BAmed out if you know what I mean. I LOVE EVERETT IN A SANTA SUIT. he should wear that every day.

Rachel H said...

Amen sister (to everything!)!! I love the SANTA SUIT! They are so yummy - cute.

homeschooling Mama said...

I absolutely loved your comments! That is exactly how I feel! Thank you for sharing!

Kritta22 said...

I whole heartedly agree. I'm so scared for our little ones. I feel like the end is getting closer, ya know! I hope these little boys, mine included, can take what is thrown on them! I pray they do!
I LOVE your Halloween costumes! So cute!

Anonymous said...

Yeah I know what you mean. Richard and I are worried about what our future holds since he works for the gov't and Obama said that he wanted to cut some funding that could cut Richard's Job. Your boys are adorable.

The Cochran Family said...

The santa suit rocks! I agree with Millie, atleast every other day! The courageous little Lion..so adorable! I loved your testimony about this whole time...I guess if we are all prepared like Millie, with goats and Aldis and then have your testimony...we are all good in the hood!

Unknown said...

I can't wait 2 show these pics 2 Harlow and Elaine. It will only B in the worst of times when the Saviour returns!!!!!

Chris (PaPa)

Abbey said...

I was thinking the same thing and I realized that the time will go on and it made me hug my babies tighter. We are on the eastside. I want to get closer to Dayton someday. Maybe one day we can have a playdate or something. Lisa use to be in my ward, we have some awesome sisters in the ward. You should get to know some of them.

The Kammeyers said...

I agree! Great post, Stephanie, and what CUTE pics! :)

P.S. I'm loving the new background! :)