Sunday, October 12, 2008

Two Weeks...


Packing EVERYTHING...hehe

How did we fit so much in our little apartment???

Moving day...

September B-day Celebration...all the girls but Natalie :(

Everett being cute in the swing at the Sept. b-day party

Oliver's new ride...thanks to our new neighbors!!

I"M 26! YAY!

A much-needed b-day date!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm exhausted...first of all I need to go back in time. Say, two weeks ago....actually three plus weeks ago. For days and days and days (it seemed) I packed up our apartment, while Aaron was desperately trying to finish projects on the new house before we had to move in. I can't even list all the things he was doing...but I do know he, with the help of many different friends and family: replaced like 95% of our plumbing with new copper plumbing, pulled up all the old flooring, pulled out the cabinets, fixed the rotted subfloor, fixed the rotted cabinets and then reinstalled them, painted like crazy, put in all new laminate floors, was there for the carpet installation (he got a break--haha), replaced all our screens, fixed the air conditioner, replaced light fixtures and bathroom vents, and as of tonight they shoveled out all our old disgusting raccoon-pooped attic insulation and replaced with nice new pink insulation. That project alone took all day and they still have more to do! AND as of two saturdays ago...we moved in! So, much of these projects have overlapped with just LIVING and UNPACKING!!! Madness is abounding in the Chapman household!!! But some things I've done, too...like painting all our cabinets white. They are officially a fire hazard now. I put on one coat of primer, three coats of white paint, and then two...and in some places THREE, coats of polyacrylic clear coat!!! EEK, I hope we don't have any bacon grease fires--the whole thing will go up in flames. hahah I was more concerned though, that they will be scrubbable and scratch resistant...which Oliver has already tested in some places...and they have failed. BUT, I think they just need more time to dry and harden. ALSO, my main job has been to clean and unpack like a lady possessed. I have been obsessive about our new soft carpeting...I don't want ANYTHING to soil our new carpeting! and I about started crying when I was washing our floor tonight and realized our lovely new wood floor has like four nicks in it already. Grrrr... the trauma of home ownership--feeling like everything needs to be as perfect as the day it was installed--forever. Ohh...and amid all of this Aaron and I have had the fun of celebrating MY 26th b-day (Oct. 3rd), our 4th Anniversary (Oct. 8th) AND soon Aaron's 27th B-day (Oct. 13th). We went to the Cheesecake factory for my b-day and then for our Anniversary we went out to eat again at Red Robin, but with the whole gang in tow. We had a great time though (Oliver and Everett were being SO CUTE--I was so mad I forgot my camera!!! Everett was holding a balloon and bobbing it up and down so happily...I guess you had to be there--but it was dang cute)...the bad thing was that Oliver ate a horrible combination of swedish fish and endless amounts of steakfries...which caused him to throw up all last night. UGH! He didn't get any on my carpet, though-just all over the bedding--and that's machine washable, so all is well. PHEW. :)
Other news: Everett is officially sitting up if you put him in the sitting position. He will just sit and sit...until Oliver comes over and hugs/tackles him. Also, Everett is saying "Mama"--it may just be babbling...but he is so cute saying it over and over. It certainly makes ME happy! WELL, that is about all for an update tonight. Perhaps I will remember more tomorrow that I wanted to add...but for now I am so tired and ready for bed...I love sleeping in OUR house!

P.S. I want to post pics of our house...but I'm waiting till it looks nicer inside so I can do "before-after" pics!

4 comments:

Kritta22 said...

WOW! I'm tired just reading your post!! You guys are superstars! Happy b-days and anniversary! (late, early and late) I'm so glad you got to go on a date! It's hard to do!!
I wanna see pictures even if all the boxes aren't unpacked! Just one from the front door?! Please! DOn't tease us!!

Chapman Channel said...

I am so flattered that you read my blog and commented so quickly! I'm going to post pics ASAP...I just want to make it look a LITTLE put together!

The Kammeyers said...

Happy (late) birthdays & anniversary!! Sounds like October is an exciting month for you. And that's awesome you went to The Cheesecake Factory! SOOOO yummy! I love reading your blog, Stephanie. Keep it up! :)

The Cochran Family said...

Crazy weeks!!! I hate them while I'm in them, but then after I'm so grateful that it's over and I got everything done! Happy Brithday!!!! I wish I could've been there....I miss everything!