I have a confession: I love sleeping with my babies! I really do. It's sort of a random thought, but I just have really been thinking about how sweet it is that I get to be snuggled up next to Everett and sometimes both Everett AND Oliver every night. It's so cute to look over at your baby's chubby cheeks and peaceful expression and then hold them close against you. It's something that I never imagined I would do. I was kind of scared to with Oliver. I had weeks of exhaustion because Oliver just wouldn't sleep at night...and then I decided to bite the bullet and bring him to bed with me. I've never gone back since! He slept like a baby should--and now when I had Everett, I wasn't scared at all. It was completely natural to bring him into the bed with me. So I've had the privilege of snuggling Everett every night since he was two days old. He's almost six months now, and it has been pure bliss! The best part is waking up to your little baby smiling and gurgling in little baby talk. Everett wakes up so happy--it brightens every morning! I also write this confession to let other mothers out there know that there ARE mom's who sleep with their babies and LOVE it! And not only that, but Aaron is completely on board. In fact, many nights he and Oliver are snuggle-bunnies (as we call them) in the big bed while Everett and I sleep in the smaller bed. It works for us. Aaron and I have talked about it a lot...they are little, they need us, and we won't have this chance at this special bonding again... so why not? We are flexible...someday they will be in their own beds, but in the meantime--we love our snuggle-bunnies!
Saturday, September 20, 2008
Mommy thoughts...
I have a confession: I love sleeping with my babies! I really do. It's sort of a random thought, but I just have really been thinking about how sweet it is that I get to be snuggled up next to Everett and sometimes both Everett AND Oliver every night. It's so cute to look over at your baby's chubby cheeks and peaceful expression and then hold them close against you. It's something that I never imagined I would do. I was kind of scared to with Oliver. I had weeks of exhaustion because Oliver just wouldn't sleep at night...and then I decided to bite the bullet and bring him to bed with me. I've never gone back since! He slept like a baby should--and now when I had Everett, I wasn't scared at all. It was completely natural to bring him into the bed with me. So I've had the privilege of snuggling Everett every night since he was two days old. He's almost six months now, and it has been pure bliss! The best part is waking up to your little baby smiling and gurgling in little baby talk. Everett wakes up so happy--it brightens every morning! I also write this confession to let other mothers out there know that there ARE mom's who sleep with their babies and LOVE it! And not only that, but Aaron is completely on board. In fact, many nights he and Oliver are snuggle-bunnies (as we call them) in the big bed while Everett and I sleep in the smaller bed. It works for us. Aaron and I have talked about it a lot...they are little, they need us, and we won't have this chance at this special bonding again... so why not? We are flexible...someday they will be in their own beds, but in the meantime--we love our snuggle-bunnies!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Aren't you afraid you'll smother him? I mean, I know you are morbidly obese and you are constantly doped up on drugs, nevermind the fact you and Aaron are constantly drunk every night.
How is the above even related to you? LOL! I mis cuddling with my boys. Tonight Ryan aske to cuddle with me and we say songs and it was great!
Post a Comment