Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Diaper Duty

Oliver is officially potty trained. I say "officially" because it has been one week and two days since he has worn a diaper during the day! He is so cute cuz whenever he goes potty he stands up and tries to start running with his undies still around his ankles and almost always wipes out...hehe and then he YELLS "IIIIIII POTTTTYYYYY!!!!" as if it was the first time he ever had. He ran out of the restroom at Kohl's today yelling "IIIII POTTTYYY!" on top of his lungs. I can't help but get a littly misty eyed when I see that cute two year old announcing his potty-success! ;) Now, our week of potty excitement hasn't been perfect...we're still getting the night-time thing figured out. You see, half the time he wakes up dry...it's trying to guess which half it's gonna be each night! By the time morning rolls around we have a fifty-fifty chance of having to strip the bed down to the mattress and wash the bedding. After a couple nights of light accidents, and then one HORRIBLE night when I swear he peed like a gallon of pee that even penetrated two layers of towels, a thick blanket, the sheets, and our "waterproof" mattress cover...we've decided to put the diaper back on over his undies after he falls asleep...then when he wakes up in the morning I ever-so-discretely take it off and he's back to being diaper-free. He'll get the night-time thing when he's ready...until then...well, that's why they invented "GoodNite's" and other such diapers...to hold gallons of toddler pee. hehehe...I don't know why that's so funny to me. Oh, and my mattress? After about five minutes of frantic research online, I decided to step 1. soak as much of it up as possible, 2. scrub/soak with a hot-water vinegar mix, 3. soak THAT up, then 4. drench the entire area with Hydrogen Peroxide, 5. Wait like ten minutes then 6. SOAK SOAK SOAK (by now I was pretty much out of towels.) I think it worked...I let it dry with a fan on super-high all day yesterday, then again for today. It better be clean and dry by now. I don't think it will ever truly be the same again, though...I guess that can be said for Oliver, too. Hopefully Everett is my only one in diapers for a nice long time, now...sighhhhhh of relief....

2 comments:

Amelia said...

I am in disbelief about oliver and potty training. He's a smarty!

The Cochran Family said...

yah!!! I am so jealous...you beat me. I haven't even tried again yet. On sunday I was making Ethan was you tube videos about potty training it was pretty funny. :) Gooo Oli! So cute...you such a good mamma llama :)