So, Friday was Oliver's 2nd Birthday and we had a fun weekend planned with both sides of the familia, but unfortunately fate was definitely against us. First of all, he woke up with a 103 degree fever, a runny nose and shivering chills! He was MISERABLE...luckily, my mom-in-law decided to come over early in the day to help out. She was a huge life saver since I have been feeling like I can hardly do anything right now. I'm so huge and in pain!!! THEN came the snow. Apparently this is like the biggest blizzard Columbus has had since...1910 or something like that. Well, due to the fact that all the counties were going on "emergency" status we decided to cancel his b-day party. I felt so sad. But, honestly, I don't think he knew the difference or cared. Since Aaron got home early from work, we had a little mini-party for Oliver with Totino's Pizzas, and a RiceKrispy-treat "cake." I put candles in it and he was soooo cute trying to blow them out--and he did, and then we let him blow them out again and again because he thought it was so fun! It was super-cute. Then we let him open the few presents, but again--he wasn't feeling really into it. By then it was bed-time so I was getting him ready for bed, and we tried to get a dose of Tylenol into him to help his fever come down, but he was getting REALLY mad and when the smallest bit got in his mouth he immediately got the gag reflex and began puking all over me! Luckily Aaron grabbed a towel, but all I could do was hold him and close my eyes because it was making ME feel nauseous. I am not able to handle the SMELL of puke...it was really gross. Needless to say, it wasn't the way we planned for his second birthday to go!!! I want to still have an "official" b-day party for him with a cake and everything, but I don't know when yet. Maybe next weekend...Poor Oliver. He was so sick...but now, he's starting to feel a bit better, and today his fever seems to be mostly gone...now if his snotty nose would be gone too! I'm like the human Kleenex. This morning Aaron informed me that I had snot on my butt. I was like, tell me something new. :) There's not alot of areas on my clothes that haven't been slimed!!! hahah--OH WELL. Hopefully soon I'll have more cheery b-day pics to post.
3 comments:
dear oliver,
i hope you feel better.
happy 2 birthday.
i love you.
addie
awwww, poor Oli! I hope he feels better soon and can have a bigh 2nd birthday bash, 2 is so fun, 3yrs. was the most fun, b/c they know whats going on more....you have 2 weeks now?
oh, steph! i feel exhausted just reading your blog, you are such a trooper!!
Post a Comment