How can I summarize the past few years of my life? Why haven't I been keeping up with my little journal-blog? Well...I'm busy and time is flying by! Haha! In a lot of ways everything stays the same, as much as they seem to change. We live everyday focused on cleaning, eating, getting where we need to go. Making sure everyone has what they need and do what they're supposed to be doing. Life just sweeps you along with it! I randomly got back on this blog and was reading old posts, and realized that in a lot of ways nothing has changed in the past few years~it's not a bad thing. Just more of an observation. The kids are growing up, this is true--and naturally that brings along many new events, experiences and extra busy days! Oliver is 12, Everett is 10, Henry is 7 and Miles is 3. Oliver was ordained into the priesthood, and recently passed the Sacrament for the first time. This was pretty sweet for me, as I started to really see him in a new light. In so many ways he is turning into a young man and it's hard for me to not treat him like a little baby! LOL! I understand why people cling to their kids so long after they are already grown up...you really have such a short time with them when they are little! 10 years passes in the blink of an eye! I look at my boys and think about where they'll be in 10 years and it's shocking to me! I can't dwell on that too much, though--because 1. It makes me sad, and 2. I try to live life in the moment, appreciating all the cute and funny things about them now.
We moved from Columbus to Urbana last spring. Just this year alone has been a blur. We wanted a bigger house and more space outside--we definitely got that, but along with that came alot more responsibility, higher bills, new challenges. The kids have adjusted well to their new schools, and have made new friends. We have really loved our new ward, too! Living closer to our parents has made it so nice--Aaron's parents are also here in Urbana, and are always quick to help and spend time with the kids, and my parents are much easier to see and hang out with! And in most recent news, Natalie and Russ are moving to Tennessee--so we will be able to see them a lot easier now, too! I'm super excited about that!
We got a dog about a year and a half ago--that has been a huge life adjustment. She's a blue tic/walker coonhound and honestly super pretty. Her name is Ella and I used to say it's short for Cinderella--but most days I think it's really short for Cruella Devil. haha... She's nuts and drives me crazy all the time. Luckily we can keep her contained in part of the house and she can't destroy everything. Cuz she would. LWC (I just made that up--Laughing While Crying...haha). She is a practice in patience, and possibly that is one of the main purposes of her existence in our family--to teach us patience. Long suffering. Hard-work. And all that good stuff you can' t put into words when she's barking so loud and long it hurts. hahahahahah....sighhhhhhh....
Well, Miles wants me to keep looking at what he is doing (lassoing the treadmill key with a magnet around my music stand)...so I guess I will call this entry done. Hopefully I can sit still long enough to write a few thoughts down again, soon...
No comments:
Post a Comment