It has been extremely hot lately, which is lucky because we have a pass to the "Y" so that we can go swimming anytime we want. We went a couple times this week, but every time we have gone, as soon as we get there the afternoon heat has worn off and it's overcast. Little Everett can hardly handle getting into the water without shivering like its the dead of winter. SO, I am relegated to the edge of the pool, translucent white legs shining brightly, trying to keep up with Everett who just wants to freak out the life guards by running as fast as he can toward the deep end. That baby is so silly! I swear he pointed out this disgusting hairy drain pipe by the pool like twenty times to me today--and every time I gave him a shocked exclamation of: "EWWWWWWWWW--that's GROSSS!!!" He is such a boy--wanting to point out the most disgusting part of the pool.
Oliver on the other hand is a little mer-man. He probably wouldn't mind me calling him a mermaid, but I just can't. haha. He has no qualms about calling himself a princess and dancing around, and I'm totally fine with that...but anyhow, that's another subject. SO, he swims like a fish. We got him one of those floaty swimsuits--and it's GREAT, except when he has to pee...once it is wet, it is so tight and slippery, I can't get it off of him fast enough to make it to the bathroom! We have left our share of little puddles in the YMCA bathroom thanks to that dang swimsuit!
SO, our summer of swimming is off to a good start. We can walk to the pool, it's just a couple blocks away, so my goal is to go AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!!!
1 comment:
we'll have to come next week to join you...sounds deeeliteful
Post a Comment