Sunday, May 31, 2009

Oliver is so cute...

Lately his response to anything I ask him is (in his little smart-tone-of-voice): "BECAUSE, I've been doing it all day!"
For example:
ME: "Oliver, how did you learn to say your alphabet??"
Ollie: "BECAUSE, I've been doing it all day!"
Me: "Ollie, how did you get so strong/smart/cool/etc?"
Ollie: "BECAUSE, I've been doing it all day!"

It really doesn't always apply to what I'm asking him, but, he's in the habit of saying it anyhow. It just makes me laugh, because he came up with it on his own.

Another Ollie-ism that he came up with on his own, despite our best efforts for him not to say "Potty words" is: whenever he is frustrated or gets mad about something, he'll say "UH!-Poopy Butt!!!" I have NO idea where he got that...but he says it with the ferocity of an adult saying.."OHHH CRAP!" or something like that. It really is naughty--but for some reason it strikes our funny bone whenever he says it. Aaron's horrible at trying not to laugh--I usually can keep a straight face and strictly tell him not to say things like that, though I'm laughing inside!

Another thing, sometimes while I"m putting on makeup he'll come and say, "Mommy--you are BEAUTIFUL!!" With all the sweetness of his heart. Then at night he'll look at me with wild hair and no make up and give me the strangest look as he says, "Mommy--you're hair looks weeeeird." And he gets REALLY freaked out any time I'm wearing a pore-purifying mask because he says I look like a ghost. haha--I just love his honesty!

THanks for "Wow-wow-Wubzy" for the last phrase that he's hooked on: "___fill in the blank__ is KOOOOK-Y"...he's pretty much calling any kind of food he doesn't like "kooky" now.

I've been horrible about writing in my journal, and I just really don't want to forget all these little things he's saying right now--I have a bad memory. Blogging is easier to jot things like this down...

4 comments:

The Letteer Family said...

What a funny little boy!!! So cute!

The Kammeyers said...

Oh, the funny things kid say! :) "BECAUSE, I've been doing this all day!"... That's actually a great response to a lot of things! Too cute! :)

The Cochran Family said...

Aren't they the cutest talkers right now! Although, Ethan is so wil right now! He is still into everything~his new think to walk around with the honey bottle and spread it's gooiness. I am so sorry for everything you have been going through with your cars and everything!

Toph said...

I know where he got those phrases... His dad... I heard him say that when he was 14 years old!!! HA HA HA