Sunday, February 22, 2009

Twilight is old news, right?

Okay, so seriously who hasn't heard enough about the books and movie "Twilight"??? I thought I was so cool because I hadn't read a single one, and I hadn't seen the movie. I have usually taken a little bit of pride in the fact that "I only read intelligent, uplifting books that inspire me in one way or another or are at least educational..." WELL--that's all gone out the window because right now I'm obsessing over TWILIGHT like every other millions of girls were for like the past year. (I'm always behind the times with trends...). It all started innocently enough on Valentine's day. My day began with a looooong horrible morning involving Oliver locking himself in his room and me losing my cell phone and my MIND trying to figure out how to get him out before he hyperventilated and passed out--oh man, now that's a whole nutha' story--I ended up running to the neighbors and getting our "Mr. Wilson" to help me--all this while Everett was crawling around unsupervised with a horrible blow-out diaper...SO, later my mother-in-law came unexpectedly and surprised us with babysitting so Aaron and I could go on a fun date. Such a wonderful surprise considering we had basically no plans (Sad, I know). We decided to hit the dollar theater to see what was playing...and lo and behold "Twilight" was still playing there. I wanted to see it to see what all the hype was about, and he agreed (I don't think he had any idea what he was getting into!!!). We found it to be pretty cheezy, and we laughed alot at it, BUT...I was enough intrigued to borrow the first book from my friend Sunni and start reading it. I READ IT IN TWO DAYS!!! Then tonight...I went on a fun GNO with my friend Fernanda and she hadn't seen it so I was like "Ohhhh--I totally want to see it again since NOW I've read the book and maybe I"ll appreciate it more!" SIGHHHHH...I seriously LOVED it now! I"m such a dork, but I can't help it! Aaron would be so annoyed if he knew that I have a secret crush on Edward (but more the Edward in the book, than in the movie)!!! (I don't think Aaron ever actually reads my blog, so he'll never know--right?) OH WELL...vampire love is so last season, I know, but...hey--it's new to me! Onto the second novel, and we'll see what I think about THAT one...
PS...the summer before last we took a two week tour-de-force of Washington State--we camped just outside of Forks in the woods by the ocean--I'm kinda glad I didn't read the book before that! Here's some pics from that trip:

2 comments:

Rachel H said...

Girl You so CRAZY!

Amy Jane said...

Yay, I'm not alone!!!!! So good huh!!!!!!