It's really late and I should be in bed, but there are multiple things that are on my mind. I have to tell you some funny things that have been happening lately. First of all, our dryer broke. Well, not really--it WILL dry...if you run the same load for like twelve hours. So, I'm not sure if the DRYER is drying it, or just the mere tossing around for twelve hours dried it. Either way, that's not a good way to do a ton of laundry. So we went on a search on Craigslist for a cheap, but practically perfect dryer (we have high expectations for Craigslist). Aaron searched for like half an hour at nine-thirty at night and then literally went out and GOT one that same night, hooked it up and we felt pretty successful. WELL, the dryer gods weren't on our side. This dryer got so extremely hot that literally I thought it was going to melt. You couldn't even touch the exterior while it was running! We called the guy who sold it to us, and he was kind enough to offer to take it back, but first he wanted us to make sure that it was lint-free, because supposedly lint in the body of the dryer can make it get as hot as Heck. We were game, I mean, after all--if THAT's all it needed, then maybe we wouldn't have lug it down our stairs again. Aaron took the entire dryer apart--I was really proud of his initiative on this. We vacuumed it out, hooked it back up (I was amazed we got it back together)...and what do you know--it's STILL melting plastic hot! So, we take it back to the guy, and luckily I found someone else who was giving one away for FREE and supposedly he said it was in GREAT working condition. I was really excited--I love free stuff--I felt like it was a tithing blessing!!! We drove to the address he gave me, and honestly it didn't exist!!! I mean, we drove UP and DOWN the street and there was no houses that could have even fit the description. We decided to stop at the library and try to contact the guy and tell him we were lost, but the library was closed. By this time, Oliver had HAD it. Luckily, across the street from the library was this church carnival--Oliver was SO EXCITED. He thought we had come for the carnival!! We couldn't NOT take him to the carnival, now that we had driven around for like an hour with him crying and then we finally arrived smack dab in front of some fun looking carnival rides. So, for another night we didn't have a dryer, but we had an impromptu Carnival night--Oliver was so cute going on the rides. I got to take him on all of them and it was really fun...anyhow...I just thought it was a little fishy how this guys mysterious address led us RIGHT to a church carnival. Do you think that was more than a mere coincidence??? Im not sure...he never responded to my emails after that. I guess they needed a way to get people to go to their carnival somehow. Why not entice people with fake free stuff postings on craigslist!!! Needless to say, we did finally get a great working dryer for a decent price...on Craigslist. End of that story.
The next story that tickles my funny bone is that our lender called and asked me to write a letter that said--and I quote--"that you are a stay-at-home mom and you don't work." I immediately started laughing pretty hard when she said that, and I think I caught her off guard because she TOTALLY didn't get the humor in what she had said--I'm a stay at home mom AND I DON"T WORK. Huh. Isn't that an oxymoron?? So, I decided to hand write (yes, it looks like it was done by a third grader--I can't seem to write in a straight line...and I would have typed it but my printer was out of ink.) the following letter and add the words "I don't work...OUTSIDE THE HOME" This strikes my funny bone in so many ways...sigh....

And though I feel no need explaining WHY I consider that an oxymoron, I guess some people just don't realize what it's like to be a "stay at home" mom of a TWO year old boy and a five month old boy!!! That is a whole 'nuther entry in and of itself!!! It's getting sooooo late--I'll have to save that discussion for later.
3 comments:
What an adventure you guys had with dryers! I'm glad you found one though!
Carnival!? What church was it? Why did they have a carnvial? Oh who cares! I'm so glad you had fun!
I'm a stay at home mom and don't work OUTSIDE the home either, unless you consider mowing the lawn or gardening OUTSIDE! LOL
Steph-it probably made you want to laugh in a maniacal about to burst into tears way. I don't work. I DONT WORK!!!! Until you start sobbing and like chasing the lady around the house with a kitchen knife.
Youre telling me!! hahah, I was like, are you CRAZY??? I have TWO KIDS, AGES TWO AND UNDER. My situation requires an amount of unending work that she may never possibly understand...when's the last time I got a "lunchbreak" for an hour--ALONE? When do I get to punch the time card and go home from work??? OH WAIT--I'm AT HOME...and WORK...at the same time...sigh. I've had a rough day today--so this subject is a bit sore for me. hahah
Post a Comment