Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day



Sunday morning I woke up to a beautiful mother's day letter from Aaron, and then I made a cake which I wish I had taken a picture of because it was a work of culinary art! It was a totally homemade, tri-level, coconut cake with marshmallow frosting...everyone really liked it, which I was glad because it was alot of work! I even sifted the flour, which I usually think is a waste of time, and dropped all three cake pans on the counter like 100 times to get all the air bubbles out before baking it. I felt pretty proud of my attention to details with it. Usually I am a sort of haphazard chef, letting things happen as they may...but not with my Mother's Day Cake!!! Then, Aaron and I decided to venture back to Pleasant Hill to enjoy some of my mom's super-duper sunday dinners! (It's so sad that she made her own mother's day dinner...but noone was really complaining because it's the best!) We had a really nice time with everyone...and I got all that I wanted for mother's day--lots of flowers to plant!



This is our attempt at a mother's day picture--Everett wasn't too happy and it wasn't easy to get us all looking at the camera at the same time...oh well!

On the way to church we had to stop for a train and Oliver was saying the cutest things about trains over and over again...I had to show this to everyone. He seriously was saying "here comes the train" for like ten minutes.











And here's some more thoughts from Oliver about the train...













3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, stephanie! i've been giggling all through the house thinking of oliver and "here comes the train"!
and your flowers are beautiful! hooray!

Rachel H said...

Cute cute stephhers! Your balcony looks like a southern style patio with all the pretty flowers and wicker furniture!! =) You look amazing in your Mother's Day pic. And that cake was award winnable!

The Cochran Family said...

So many comments, first of all, how is your cute lil house coming? I love all the flowers. Go figure, I have not done the flower thing...what did Erin's motherday letter day..i love gooshy stuff. Oliver is soooo cute, isn't this so fun, listenng to them take thier first word steps...You look amazing and skinny! I'm very impressed with your mommy skills and de-bubbalized cake skills, though I would have loved it even more if I could have been there to stuff some in my mouth! Love ya!