Tuesday, March 4, 2008
Fake-out
So, this weekend was "extra special "with the fact that on friday I started having like super-hard, steady contractions!!! I luckily was with my mom (sitting through an entire endowment session at the temple!!) and she (and like everyone else) kept looking at me and being like "are you okay?"...So, afterwards mom and I went to the hospital and I got hooked up to the machine and it was so reassuring to know that it wasn't just in my MIND, but they really were coming like every three minutes. Mind you, I just turned 35 weeks yesterday, so I really wasn't in the mood to be in labor, yet. Well, as of last Wednesday I was at 1cm, 60% effaced. When they checked on Friday, despite all the contractions, I really hadn't changed. So they decided to give me some medicine to stop the contractions. I was okay with that, except for the fact that it totally made me feel like my heart was racing and I was on some sort of caffiene rush. The baby's heart rate was going crazy too...it really was starting to scare me! They kept assuring me that this was "normal," but I still didn't like it. Aaron's mom was able to come be with Oliver, so Aaron came in to the hospital for a while with me. He was with me when our heart rates started getting weird, so I asked him to give me a blessing. I really felt the spirit so strong and when he was done we could actually see the baby's heart-rate calm down on the screen! I felt like it was directly because of the blessing. Plus, just two days later and I already am feeling a LOT better. Today my body didn't hurt as bad and I had hardly as many contractions as before. It really has reconfirmed to me the power of priesthood blessings. It's amazing how the gospel blesses my life--and I take it for granted so much. I also take for granted that I have such a great hubby. So, anyhow--it was just a really neat, testimony-building experience for me. And now, as for me, I am going to try to stay off my feet as much as possible for the next couple weeks and keep this baby INSIDE o' me...as long as I can...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ah, that is awesome. I love those spirit-xperiances!!! I think the spirit is especially strong when you are pregnant and right after for some reason...so cool! Good Luck, I can't wait to hear how it goes, make sure you post lots of pixs!!!
Post a Comment